The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Looks like Zanatta has knocked back a life changing offer from Queen of the South to stay at Alloa to the end of the season.

Always said he would go back to Alloa if he was sent out on loan again Queens never really had a chance of signing him.

It will be a different story in the summer when he is released from Hearts then he might just sign that life changing offer from Queens .

Always said he would go back to Alloa if he was sent out on loan again Queens never really had a chance of signing him.
It will be a different story in the summer when he is released from Hearts then he might just sign that life changing offer from Queens .

Or Queens might not even be interested in him?

Utterly convinced Blackie would still be capable of a real stellar job at Championship level. Looks fit, sharp and determined. Would be a real marker to make the clubs in this league sit up and take notice.

Looking at the bigger picture, would be a great additional revenue stream for the club too with shirt sales etc.

13 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Looks like Zanatta has knocked back a life changing offer from Queen of the South to stay at Alloa to the end of the season.

I do not think that he has signed the forms  if he has the club would have announced it, his loan goes until Monday so of course he would be at training last night and that there was a number of teams asking for him one in the premiership 

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

We took both Erskine and Doolan from the juniors to what is now the championship. Some gems to be found at that level, for sure.

Black isnt playing Junior though, he's playing Senior.

Saw him earlier this season didnt think he did much beyond stand on the centre spot, allegedly on £800 a week thats being paid by a sponsor

5 minutes ago, drs said:

Saw him earlier this season didnt think he did much beyond stand on the centre spot, allegedly on £800 a week thats being paid by a sponsor

It's a running joke so I think we are safe.

4 minutes ago, drs said:

Is the trialist Ian Black though? I quoted your man above on the basis that you had an unnamed trialist from Tranent who looked handy. If it is Black then I've been whooshed.

25 minutes ago, velo army said:

Is the trialist Ian Black though? I quoted your man above on the basis that you had an unnamed trialist from Tranent who looked handy. If it is Black then I've been whooshed.

I think "Ian Black is signing" could predate this thread though I'm not going to go back that far to check.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

I think "Ian Black is signing" could predate this thread though I'm not going to go back that far to check.

It's been a long pursuit but what scenes if it finally comes to fruition. Hoping Father Barry is right on this one.

Still not convinced about Dario as I also heard he could be going to a top flight club. If tomorrow proves to be his last game for us then let's hope its a good one. And if there is more to come from him all the better. 

Edited by Waspie