The Alloa Athletic Thread

Really hoping the club will be extending the pitch for the weekend.  4 goals from 9 home games is a terrible return, and 2 of those were on Saturday,  a set piece from Flanny and a late goal when QoS were chasing the game. At the same time, we have scored 13 away and matched pretty much everyone. The tight home park has clearly been a challenge for our own team, thus giving up at least part of the advantage of a home game. 

Although it looked like an OG from the very start it was obviously done with the best intentions. Fair enough. To pass up the chance to rectify it now when it so clearly hasn't worked - even a bit more space on each wing - wouldn't be so easy to forgive. 

Did anyone genuinely expect to be five points clear of the relegation spots at Hogmanay?  :o

Haven't seen a game this season due to work, and I'm utterly seething now. Judging by what I've been reading, it seems like the team are finally getting the results they deserve - hope everyone has a very pleasant 2019 to look forward to  :)

6 hours ago, scottorae said:

How is Sam Roscoe getting on with you?

He's learning. Gets sold a dummy and had to foul Craig Curran to avoid him getting in which set up yesterday's opener for United. 

I think he's good but like most of the players we've had on loan not yet ready to jump up to the top division.

He's learning. Gets sold a dummy and had to foul Craig Curran to avoid him getting in which set up yesterday's opener for United. 
I think he's good but like most of the players we've had on loan not yet ready to jump up to the top division.

Cheers - all the best for the season.

7 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

well who wouldn't …..

anyway..the pitch!!!

it hasn't been changed , maybe we will get some answers today?

Perhaps they think the players have now adapted to the dimensions? Really disappointed by the decision anyway, we don't need a tiny pitch to compete at this level and it doesn't suit our team. But we're stuck with it now and I hope away teams will be vanquished on it in the months ahead. 

Obviously a very important few weeks ahead in terms of the squad for the rest of the season. With loan deals up it seems possible that we will be reduced for a while to the threadbare squad we had for the League Cup and first league fixtures. That element of uncertainty is part of the transfer policy the manager has adopted. It has worked for him over the last two windows and hopefully will again. Important we hang in there and keep battling for points in the meantime and hopefully the manager will be able to once more unearth a few diamonds. 

It has been a fantastic 2018 for Alloa and great credit to all at the club. Plenty of results and performances that will live long in the memory. Happy New Year to all Wasps when the time comes. Hope the event at the Recs today is well supported too. 

5 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Perhaps they think the players have now adapted to the dimensions? Really disappointed by the decision anyway, we don't need a tiny pitch to compete at this level and it doesn't suit our team. But we're stuck with it now and I hope away teams will be vanquished on it in the months ahead. 

Obviously a very important few weeks ahead in terms of the squad for the rest of the season. With loan deals up it seems possible that we will be reduced for a while to the threadbare squad we had for the League Cup and first league fixtures. That element of uncertainty is part of the transfer policy the manager has adopted. It has worked for him over the last two windows and hopefully will again. Important we hang in there and keep battling for points in the meantime and hopefully the manager will be able to once more unearth a few diamonds. 

It has been a fantastic 2018 for Alloa and great credit to all at the club. Plenty of results and performances that will live long in the memory. Happy New Year to all Wasps when the time comes. Hope the event at the Recs today is well supported too. 

Slightly glad the pitch dimensions aren't in for myself. Means less running when I'm playing on the pitch. Silver linings and all that:lol:

I'm with you on the loan signings. Could be a very different end to the season by who we get in because Hastie and Zanatta were probably the guys we'd most rely on being game changers from open play in the first half of the season.