The Alloa Athletic Thread

Think it's time to rethink the width of the pitch after we've played everybody once. Start of the season hastie was hurting teams with his pace on the wing, that been nullified without any teams having to work too hard. My opinion, I think Jim had planned on us being hemmed in for long periods and therefore brought in lots of pace up front to break when the chance came. It hasn't worked out like that so far. We are having equal or more possession, especially at home, but don't have players to open up teams when the opposition are camped in their own half.

• 2 weeks later...
Think it's time to rethink the width of the pitch after we've played everybody once. Start of the season hastie was hurting teams with his pace on the wing, that been nullified without any teams having to work too hard. My opinion, I think Jim had planned on us being hemmed in for long periods and therefore brought in lots of pace up front to break when the chance came. It hasn't worked out like that so far. We are having equal or more possession, especially at home, but don't have players to open up teams when the opposition are camped in their own half.

Sure put away form backs this up

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

IMG_7820.jpgTake anyone but Ross county, however, we do deserve a bit of excitement after the past two draws!

It's written in the stars for us to get Motherwell colts and Jake Hastie scores to put us out.

Although if we get Bohemians I'll be going out tomorrow to get the passport updated.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Got to say i don,t understand why we have to play everyone before we can change the pitch.The narrow pitch is obviously legal as is the full size pitch.Celtic whined about the length of the grass at Tynecastle but I don,t see Hearts having to keep it the same length every game.Likewise Spurs will move to a new stadium soon,will the pitch be the same as Wembley.Its supposed to be home advantage but the plan isn,t working.Can,t believe the authorities can enforce this.

38 minutes ago, Kobe2010 said:

Got to say i don,t understand why we have to play everyone before we can change the pitch.The narrow pitch is obviously legal as is the full size pitch.Celtic whined about the length of the grass at Tynecastle but I don,t see Hearts having to keep it the same length every game.Likewise Spurs will move to a new stadium soon,will the pitch be the same as Wembley.Its supposed to be home advantage but the plan isn,t working.Can,t believe the authorities can enforce this.

Its in the rules and so they can enforce it we would probably get points deducted..

13 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

So, if one of your first nine home games is postponed (and played later in the season), you're stuck with it until the end?

Championship clubs are no longer allowed to carry postponed games so that wont happen. After last seasons pile up the rules were changed in the summer. All postponed matches will be rearranged for the next available midweek (not the one 3 days later but the one after or first available).

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Championship clubs are no longer allowed to carry postponed games so that wont happen. After last seasons pile up the rules were changed in the summer. All postponed matches will be rearranged for the next available midweek (not the one 3 days later but the one after or first available).

I note your opinion that it won't happen. However, in reality, it remains a possibility. 

37 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

I note your opinion that it won't happen. However, in reality, it remains a possibility. 

Surely in the scenario you are talking about we'd just change the park for the one off rescheduled game anyway? As long as everyone plays 1 game on the small dimensions and 1 on the alternative then I'd think we'd be complying with the the rules. 

This all depends on the club being willing to change anyway, but I hope at the very least they do a proper review.  The home/away stats so far are damning but even if our home form improves (and I hope it does) that wee park just doesn't suit our players regardless. 

Hopefully get the first win today, mon the Wasps. 

Edited by Waspie

46 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Livi spoiling it for the rest of us.

Pretty sure that's why we aren't having the Dundee United game another week. They wanted Wednesday and we train Tuesday/Thursday so it would be awkward to rearrange 20 players to get them to play so instead of leaving it to another week we have a Tuesday game the same night as Scotland. Not that bothers me an awful lot. Out of all the times over years I've been to the Old Brewery with hopes of a free pint for a Scotland win I've got it exactly twice. Whereas I've seen us win twice in 3 months at Tannadice.

6 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Surely in the scenario you are talking about we'd just change the park for the one off rescheduled game anyway? As long as everyone plays 1 game on the small dimensions and 1 on the alternative then I'd think we'd be complying with the the rules. 

This all depends on the club being willing to change anyway, but I hope at the very least they do a proper review.  The home/away stats so far are damning but even if our home form improves (and I hope it does) that wee park just doesn't suit our players regardless. 

Hopefully get the first win today, mon the Wasps. 

Perhaps you should change the plastic pitch to a stretchy rubber one.