The Alloa Athletic Thread

4 hours ago, CmonTheWasps said:

When will the signing news come out?

Well one went in the programme. The other needs extra work so it probably wont have went through on Tuesday so they're left out.

Jim also says he's looking for 2 more faces before the league season starts on top of that.

Generally I wait for the website... So could be any moment. 

If not get your programme for £2 tomorrow night!

Well one went in the programme. The other needs extra work so it probably wont have went through on Tuesday so they're left out.
Jim also says he's looking for 2 more faces before the league season starts on top of that.imageproxy.php?img=&key=9e759d80ec736539eb895d95ff48513925e949592016730416d4e3a28fa799a7
So we have a new signing but as the official website is down for me we have to buy a programme to find out....great to keep the loyal fans in the know. Not been impressed with the communication links between club and fans so far this season

57 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:
1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:
Jim also says he's looking for 2 more faces before the league season starts on top of that.imageproxy.php?img=&key=9e759d80ec736539eb895d95ff48513925e949592016730416d4e3a28fa799a7

So we have a new signing but as the official website is down for me we have to buy a programme to find out....great to keep the loyal fans in the know. Not been impressed with the communication links between club and fans so far this season

Feel free to volunteer your vast time and expertise in communication. If you are looking at communication we're clearly on an upward curve just now.

12 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:
13 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Follow John Glencross on twitter- programme editor. https://twitter.com/johnglencross12. If he hasnt posted it, then the signing most probably isn't officially over the line yet.

The match programme has a printing deadline, so assume by that club have player in to officially sign today

Im sure any new signing will become apparent through word of mouth tonight or the team sheet.

Not getting at anyone in particular, but pre season does make a lot of football supporters go a bit mental sometimes.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Follow John Glencross on twitter- programme editor. https://twitter.com/johnglencross12. If he hasnt posted it, then the signing most probably isn't officially over the line yet.

The match programme has a printing deadline, so assume by that club have player in to officially sign today

Im sure any new signing will become apparent through word of mouth tonight or the team sheet.

Not getting at anyone in particular, but pre season does make a lot of football supporters go a bit mental sometimes.

How signing works is paperwork get's submitted then the SPFL confirms it. I've seen teams get the paperwork done and announce before it's confirmed. We only announce after its confirmed which can take one or two days. International clearance requires them to contact the previous league body I think so it can take longer. 

The last batch of signings was meant to be 4 instead of 3 but the player after having completed all the paperwork got a full time offer and instead signed with them. It's a good idea to wait.

Just now, pencils said:
12 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:
It's not been that for a long time! But then again stewards might not know that.

Is it full price?

Yep just a normal game, normal price. That's the boards logic about the cup games.

48 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

How signing works is paperwork get's submitted then the SPFL confirms it. I've seen teams get the paperwork done and announce before it's confirmed. We only announce after its confirmed which can take one or two days. International clearance requires them to contact the previous league body I think so it can take longer. 

The last batch of signings was meant to be 4 instead of 3 but the player after having completed all the paperwork got a full time offer and instead signed with them. It's a good idea to wait.

I know how signings work, no need for the trip to the learning tree.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

I always thought first cup game they were and that wasn’t going to change tonight?

I think we wrapped this in maybe 2013/14 season...certainly implemented when we were in the Championship. prior to that, we got first cup game in each of the domestic cups. To be fair, we were one of the last to do so.

Fondly recall the days where you got every single home game regardless...changed days all round.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)