The Alloa Athletic Thread

Nothing. It's a reference to a 'discussion' with a few Airdrie fans when we signed Adam.

He looks a talented player. Early days of course.

If he can be more consistent he’s a alright player at the best but his attitude stinks,last season Willie aitchison told Adam to beat the man and stop running into the player and Adam told him to “f**k off”

1 hour ago, Spanish Armada said:

If he can be more consistent he’s a alright player at the best but his attitude stinks,last season Willie aitchison told Adam to beat the man and stop running into the player and Adam told him to “f**k off”

I don't know that I would respect my taxi driver telling me how to play football either. 

Dirty *astard, what’s that all about.

The guy bolo looked a bit riled up aswell for it just to be a friendly.
If Bolo was only a bit riled up he was a lot calmer than usual.

I reckon there's a strong chance Ross Stewart and Jordan Kirkpatrick will both be deemed surplus by St. Mirren. We've already told 4 players they are free to leave including Gary MacKenzie and Adam Eckersley

Might be a shout of both guys going back to Alloa?

I reckon there's a strong chance Ross Stewart and Jordan Kirkpatrick will both be deemed surplus by St. Mirren. We've already told 4 players they are free to leave including Gary MacKenzie and Adam Eckersley

I think I would pee my pants if they did but I heard a rumour about big Rossco going to Dunfermline...

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I would happily put money on us staying up if those 2 come back to alloa. 

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Right lads, Craig McDowell, what can you tell us???

5 years at Alloa on and off, mainly as understudy to Scott Bain then Neil Parry further down the line. Had a sustained run during one season we were in the Championship. So has experience of playing at the likes of Ibrox- where he was terrific as we picked up a point. 

Mainly a decent backup, where he was never going to replace Bain or Parry on a regular basis, but solid overall when he had to play. Any weaknesses I attibuted to lack of week in week out game time with the back 4, such as setting up walls for free kicks etc.

Very popular in the dressing room and amongst supporters- a good guy. Not sure if East Fife will use him in same way, but will do fine if called upon.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Anyway, I hear a replacement for big Gaz Fleming is coming in today. An internationally capped midfield battler from Tranent, East Lothian with previous big game experience. Should be a signing of epic proportions which will set the tone for an exciting campaign.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Anyway, I hear a replacement for big Gaz Fleming is coming in today. An internationally capped midfield battler from Tranent, East Lothian with previous big game experience. Should be a signing of epic proportions which will set the tone for an exciting campaign.

Please let it so.

53 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I nipped into Asda in Tranent yesterday, it was the talk of the town.