The Alloa Athletic Thread

There's highlights o our game yesterday on Brechin v Ayr forum , cracking strike from him !! He's awful 1 footed though prob his only downfall.

What about the fact he needs 3 or 4 touches before he decides what he's going to do and that he plays with his head down?

What about the fact he needs 3 or 4 touches before he decides what he's going to do and that he plays with his head down?

That's the kind of talk that will drive down the fee we get from Man City.

Looks like he did well again for Brechin yesterday. Clearly there is a gulf in class but if he continues to do well and build some confidence then he might be an option for the second half of the season. With every respect to Eddie we are in real trouble if he is going to be starting regularly.

Hey the guy for Salford had about 80 touches on Fri night and still scored a cracking goal !!! He's came in to help us and it's working so far ! Hopefully ourselves ,Isaac and Alloa will all benefit from this arrangement ?

Hey the guy for Salford had about 80 touches on Fri night and still scored a cracking goal !!! He's came in to help us and it's working so far ! Hopefully ourselves ,Isaac and Alloa will all benefit from this arrangement ?

I think we will, don't expect to get his loan extended though!

I'd been wondering if that's a by-product of him being asked to hold the ball up. I'm probably wrong, but I'd like to see how he does when asked to run onto the ball and put shots in instead of starting mainly with his back to goal. I've got it in my head that might be how he ended up scoring five million goals a game* for Billericay.

Also curious to see how Tiff is doing; forgot he was at Brechin too. I'd think he could do really well in League One.

*figures subject to confirmation.

BTW, I'm starting to get worried that Wasps1 hasn't heard any news about incoming strikers. Either Danny's keeping him out of the loop, or there's nothing forthcoming? Not good either way :(

BTW, I'm starting to get worried that Wasps1 hasn't heard any news about incoming strikers. Either Danny's keeping him out of the loop, or there's nothing forthcoming? Not good either way :(

Probably the latter.

Theres a few potential loans being looked at.

Isaacs contract lasts til end of the season. Bumped into him on the train back from Glasgow last night, great to see him doing well at Brechin so far.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Took in about 60/70 minutes of tonight's development game. We were 2-0 up when I left and looked fairly comfortable. Hetherington and Hill started and done reasonably okay. Hoggan who made his league debut on Saturday played left back and played well. Got an absolute beauty of an assist for Hardies goal who for me was probably Alloas best player.