The Alloa Athletic Thread

Proud to launch The Supporters Club strip which is kindly (partly) sponsored by The Station Bar. It's been some effort to get to the stage where we are the now but it's been worth it. Thanks to the people who sponsored us through crowd funder and that money has been used to buy us water bottles, match balls and other bits and bobs.

post-30743-14393890648147_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigMartyn86

Proud to launch The Supporters Club strip which is kindly (partly) sponsored by The Station Bar. It's been some effort to get to the stage where we are the now but it's been worth it. Thanks to the people who sponsored us through crowd finder and that money has been used to buy us water bottles, match balls and other bits and bobs.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1439389063.909457.jpg

That's nicer than the actual Alloa strip.

Any Alloa Fans at a loose end on Saturday should come along and watch the Alloa Supporters Club Take on Hamilton Accies. 10:30 KO at Stirling Uni. We have also been drawn against Ayr United in the first round of the cup

I'll be working, sadly, but my best wishes will be with you :P

...and that shirt is a cracker.

Is the shirt available for purchase by the general public? I think it must be the best looking Alloa top for years. The real badge helps of course..

I wish we had bought more now. The interest in the top has been quite healthy. Due to us being short on funds we bought the top and shirts as a set for £2.99 each from sports direct and the station bar kindly paid for the printing.

Is the shirt available for purchase by the general public? I think it must be the best looking Alloa top for years. The real badge helps of course..

Here's the link to the top on sports direct. Seems the price has crept back up to £4.99. The place behind the recs printed the strips if that's any use. The price is now back down to £3. F*ck knows what's going on at sportsdirect.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/patrick-sub-set-mens-379580?colcode=37958090

Edited by BigMartyn86

Great result yesterday in difficult circumstances. Kick off delayed by a hour due to Hamilton forgetting their strips. The over confidence from Hamilton cost them in the end. Far too c*cky before kick off. My boys started the game the sharper side and soon took the lead through a Liam Black penalty. We went in at 1-1 at half time and soon found ourselves down 3-1 in the second half. Some spirited play and self belief saw us get a second goal back from Liam and with the clock ticking down we got the equaliser (Liam black hatrick) our play deserved. Cue mass celebrations by myself and the sidelines. 3-3 the final score and the least we deserved. I'll let Roachy do the full match report. Well done lads I'm proud of you.

Next league match for the supporters club is away to Stirling Albion on the 5th of September.

Well done to all against Hamilton, and I'm sure that I don't need to remind anyone of the importance of your next fixture. This may very well be the most important game that an Alloa side takes part in this season; good luck, gentlemen, and Godspeed.

10:30 kick off again?

Well done to all against Hamilton, and I'm sure that I don't need to remind anyone of the importance of your next fixture. This may very well be the most important game that an Alloa side takes part in this season; good luck, gentlemen, and Godspeed.

10:30 kick off again?

Thanks Dave, it's a 9:30 kick off this time. Venue tbc.

£16 to watch a game which the club and management have treated as a friendly. Disgraceful! We have been mugged off by both the club and Lennon tonight. Bold claims before the season about how Lennon wanted to win the Challenge Cup and how he wanted to compete in every game. We've been beaten by a very mediocre Elgin team who turned up and punted the ball out the park all night and won two penalties. We've been pumped out the league cup by a Berwick team who have been woeful in the league since. This genuinely feels like the Maitland era. We will still be giving it the uncharacteristic errors and the team are still gelling patter in October. Barry Smith might've been shite but he managed to keep the squad together and sent out his strongest team every week. We've got no leaders on the park either. We need to buck up our ideas soon.

Mon The Wasps!

He was our actual goalkeeper for a good few years in the late 80's/early 90's.

He was pretty decent aswell, but as you rightly point out it's an unfortunate name for a GK.

He was our keeper at East Fife in 2003 when we won the league with Dr Deuchar scoring a last minute header before moving onto Montrose where he saw the last few years of his goalie Carrer I always knew he would make an excellent goalkeeper coach in the future and now at Alloa back room team.