The Alloa Athletic Thread

Bit concerned that Mulraney will be exclusively making the appointment. He has done well from his association with us. Would we have been better without him? Probably yes. Got lucky with the Hartley appointment. Sold the badge to a cartoon cut out. Sold the Recs to fund a pitch replacement which will ultimatly benefit him.

When did the Recs get sold? Take it its to one of Mulraney's companies?

When did the Recs get sold? Take it its to one of Mulraney's companies?

Recs hasnt been sold. It's been renamed in a sponsorship deal.

Smith's record was dreadful. Personally I'd got to the point where I was just expecting us to be beaten by a goal every week. We are in a difficult league but look at Dumbarton. They seem to be doing alright. We should be looking to compete with them and we just aren't.

I'm not going to join in on the Mulraney debate but his statement yesterday went something like - Smith is a fantastic manager who will have a great career in management and that he was an excellant manager for us.

Utter nonsence.

Frankly, Alloa fans who think survival in the Championship isn't an over-achievement will never be happy.

Nobody was arguing that survival in the Championship for Alloa isn't an over-achievement, I've already said twice that we are currently above our natural level. You said however that it was an over-achievement for Barry Smith last season to keep Alloa up. That's simply wrong.

Frankly, I think you came into this thread with a simplistic pre-conceived theory which you are now struggling back up. Personally I have had some of my best football memories ever this season and I will be eternally grateful to Barry Smith for that. I would have been happy to give him until the end of the season whatever happened. Did he over-achieve to keep us up last season? Certainly not. Would it have been "a massive over-achievement" to stay up this season when he was up against two other part-time sides and one full-time club who have amassed 12 points so far? Debatable. Leaving us 9th with 18 points after 27 games certainly isn't "massive over-achievement". If anything he was under-achieving, hence his own decision to pack it in despite not being any real pressure at all from the club or fans.

Your complaint seems to be that Barry Smith couldn't match Paul Hartley- which was only to be expected. Alloa's last four years or so have been their greatest in my lifetime so far, this team is their best in that time, and both Hartley and Smith over-achieved with meagre resources- leaving the club in great nick for your next manager (hopefully not Darren Young.)

I can concede my knowledge of Alloa to your expertise- but "under-achievement" shouldn't be in your vocabulary!

Bit concerned that Mulraney will be exclusively making the appointment. He has done well from his association with us. Would we have been better without him? Probably yes. Got lucky with the Hartley appointment. Sold the badge to a cartoon cut out. Sold the Recs to fund a pitch replacement which will ultimatly benefit him.

Am sure MM will consult the board on all matters . Who has bought the recs ? Hartley lucky ?

Your complaint seems to be that Barry Smith couldn't match Paul Hartley- which was only to be expected. Alloa's last four years or so have been their greatest in my lifetime so far, this team is their best in that time, and both Hartley and Smith over-achieved with meagre resources- leaving the club in great nick for your next manager (hopefully not Darren Young.)

I can concede my knowledge of Alloa to your expertise- but "under-achievement" shouldn't be in your vocabulary!

No one is saying that we expected Smith to match Hartley the arguement is that from 2 points outside the top 4 when Hartley left we survived by the skin of our teeth on goal difference, We were in a strong position when Smith took over and should have survived easier than we did.

Explain

Why are you concerned? His appointments have all been good from Hartley right through to our scout down south.

Who within reason would buy alloa and do a better job than mulraney?

Only thing I'll agree with here but aye the badge is honking.

The recs hasn't been sold its been renamed for 10 years in a sponsorship that is paying to relay the pitch. The club still own the ground.

A couple questions for you.

How often do you attend games at alloa?

I take it rangers are your so-called "big team"?

Are you even an alloa supporter at all as I've never heard an alloa supporter complain about mulraney or the ground naming rights but I've heard plenty of positives about both.

Why are you concerned? His appointments have all been good from Hartley right through to our scout down south.

Who within reason would buy alloa and do a better job than mulraney?

Only thing I'll agree with here but aye the badge is honking.

The recs hasn't been sold its been renamed for 10 years in a sponsorship that is paying to relay the pitch. The club still own the ground.

A couple questions for you.

How often do you attend games at alloa?

I take it rangers are your so-called "big team"?

Are you even an alloa supporter at all as I've never heard an alloa supporter complain about mulraney or the ground naming rights but I've heard plenty of positives about both.

You clearly don't know me

I think the club were doing well before he came (I.e. Remaining solvent and performing to a level to be expected of a club like Alloa). We had won promotions and the challenge cup before he glanced an interest in Alloa.

I was quite young but as far as I've been told alloa were close to administration before mulraney took over.

You clearly don't know me

Answer the questions then, give us more of an insight?

^^^Fell out with Mike Mulraney in P5 and has never forgiven him imho

:lol::lol:

On his profile of says alloa athletic moving forward under Maitland or something along those lines, my guess is he's Maitland

:lol::lol:

On his profile of says alloa athletic moving forward under Maitland or something along those lines, my guess is he's Maitland

Noticed that, might be a good shout :lol:

Time to move on Allan, it's for your own good.