The Alloa Athletic Thread

A few goals like this and we'll be ok

Don't know much about the new signings but they seem to be quick and direct and as such should offer us something different in attack. Hopefully they can add a few goals between now and the end of the season.

Edited by Waspie

I don't think 2 boys will not be coming up here to sit on the bench. So which 2 of the current crop do you drop out?

You could leave out both Spence and Buchanan from the starting line up at the moment. They've done heehaw for weeks.

I don't think 2 boys will not be coming up here to sit on the bench. So which 2 of the current crop do you drop out?

Agree with BSD Lets face it we have scored 1 goal in the last 7 games so could any of our forward players complain about being dropped, in my opinion i dont think so.

Definately time to try something else and lets hope this guy and Layne can offer something different, namely that they might chip in with a goal or two.

Edited by Craigy

Spence has been dropped the last couple games

Indeed. But it's meant that we had to play Buchanan up front alone with Cawley, McCord etc trying to help out as we didn't have another striker. Heidless Eddie doesn't count. Hasn't worked. Added to that Spence's goal record in league games is woeful.

Get the changes made and give the 2 new guys a chance.

Buchanan and Spence have done well overall with both in double figures (albeit most of the goals that Greig has scored have been in the cups) and I think both will continue to be key men. We have however had almost no back up to them at all. Eddie can now and again change a game as a sub but he isn't up to starting games at this level and Cawley can do more damage from midfield. If these new boys prove to be able to make an impact at this level then we will have doubled our striking options and that has to be a good thing.

I wouldn't even consider dropping Buchanan, he's been second only to Ben Gordon in performance level this season. Still looks comfortably our best bet for goals.

I'd bring in one of the new lads, for a midfielder, though, from the start.

Edited by printer

Completely off topic but whatever happened to Noel Makombo?

Banging them in for my Championship Montrose team in Football Manager :thumsup2

That's actually an excellent question.

Banging them in for my Championship Montrose team in Football Manager :thumsup2

That's actually an excellent question.

Hope you paid the £300,000 comp or whatever it was to his previous French team.

Would imagine he's playing amateur somewhere.

Hope you paid the £300,000 comp or whatever it was to his previous French team.

Would imagine he's playing amateur somewhere.

Shh. Don't think they've noticed...

Bit of a pisser for the lad. Seems to have completely disappeared.

Things definitely seem to be on the up. The new scout seems to have his contacts. The pitch relayed at the end of the season. If results between now and the end of the season go our way we could remain up for another season at least, and a cup final. What a time to support alloa.

We've been apparently trying to pressurise you to pluck Meggatt away from you as early as tonight. No joy thus far. Highly doubt Smith will be keen whatever happens as I assume he's an important player for you?

We've been apparently trying to pressurise you to pluck Meggatt away from you as early as tonight. No joy thus far. Highly doubt Smith will be keen whatever happens as I assume he's an important player for you?

Aye he's a class act, solid at left back and centre half. If he was to go to you's tonight I'd be annoyed but if Benedictus was coming the other way it would soften the blow. I think Marr and Doch could fill in at left back and we'd still be pretty solid.