The Alloa Athletic Thread

Hello there! I have been pestering the Premiership boards over the past couple of weeks with my season previews that I have been writing for my blog. I have started the Championship today and would love if people had a read. I am doing two teams each day and today it is Alloa and Cowdenbeath.

Link

Hope you think it is okay, and if you have any feedback, critiques or criticisms then please fire them my way! Thanks in advance!

Also can I apologise for my prediction for this season, I do hope I am wrong!

Are you going all the way down to league 2 with this predictions blog? Really enjoying reading them all!

Oi cuntos, what's James 'Hames' Creaney like?

Nice to hear from you again, ya tool. :)

Not good enough for our level but should do OK in the seaside leagues. Won't be a standout.

Do you know about his heart scare last year?

How did it go today, chaps? Sounded like a good straightforward start to the season. Nice to see Greig getting among the goals early on.

A decent victory and performance, particularly in the second half. Spence excellent, could have scored more. Obviously league opponents will be a lot tougher, but good to get things going with a strong win.

Spence was amazing yesterday, he scored 4 goals, one was ruled offside though. He was a massive presence and from 1st minute he was sure to score

I don't dispute that, I just remember at the start of last season, we all had high hopes for him as well after him getting a hatrick in our second league game, he quickly went from one of our better prospects to probably our worst player..

The reason I laughed is, I remember several similar posts from rovers fans this time last year, claiming that Spence was going to notch over 15/20 goals( mainly the latter) due to him having a decent season the year before..

The reason I laughed is, I remember several similar posts from rovers fans this time last year, claiming that Spence was going to notch over 15/20 goals( mainly the latter) due to him having a decent season the year before..

How many goals did he end up scoring and how many starts did he make?

I don't dispute that, I just remember at the start of last season, we all had high hopes for him as well after him getting a hatrick in our second league game, he quickly went from one of our better prospects to probably our worst player..

I don't know what went wrong for Greig last season but his performance yesterday was encouraging. His work rate was great, his link up play was good and each goal was impressive in it's own way. He was in the right place for a close range finish for the first, he ran through from distance and finished clinically for the second and he found space at the back post for a lovely header back across the keeper for the third. His run and header for the disallowed goal were also very good and that must have been a marginal decision for the linesman.

Arbroath were poor yesterday and the performance has to be taken in context but Greig was very sharp. Raith fans have their own thoughts on him and that's fair enough but the hope for us is that he will flourish in being the main striker at Recreation Park. Time will tell. What is for certain is that in Spence and Buchanan, despite their lack of physical strength, we already have more potent attacking options than we had last season. Again, time will tell if that will that be enough.