The Alloa Athletic Thread

I would take him as a squad player, but I certainly wouldn't offer him a 2 year deal.

If the reports are true you would assume that the security of a 2 year deal is an incentive to get him to sign and to give up full-time football for a part-time gig with Alloa. I would certainly take Greig back at Alloa, his record at Raith is pretty decent and his attitude was never in question when he was with us before.

I certainly don't think he would be a squad player at Alloa. Having managed to retain pretty much all our best players we now have to sort last season's problem - the lack of a cutting edge up front. We haven't been able to get a good goalscorer in over the past few close seasons and have been left trying to find somebody in the loan market, a policy that backfired on us last season in particular. The sooner we get a striker in who can offer a real goal threat, and I'd put Greig in that bracket, the better.

If the reports are true you would assume that the security of a 2 year deal is an incentive to get him to sign and to give up full-time football for a part-time gig with Alloa. I would certainly take Greig back at Alloa, his record at Raith is pretty decent and his attitude was never in question when he was with us before.

I certainly don't think he would be a squad player at Alloa. Having managed to retain pretty much all our best players we now have to sort last season's problem - the lack of a cutting edge up front. We haven't been able to get a good goalscorer in over the past few close seasons and have been left trying to find somebody in the loan market, a policy that backfired on us last season in particular. The sooner we get a striker in who can offer a real goal threat, and I'd put Greig in that bracket, the better.

Correct- he'd be signed with the intention of starting every week. I'd be happy if we could get Greig plus one more decent striker.

Is he still under contract at raith?

Think he's now a free agent.

Spence needs to sort out his first touch and get stronger to fulfil the potential that he has.

I'd use him off the bench until these attributes were sorted out. Wouldn't be bothered if he stayed but also wouldn't be gutted if he did move on.

Think he's now a free agent.

Spence needs to sort out his first touch and get stronger to fulfil the potential that he has.

I'd use him off the bench until these attributes were sorted out. Wouldn't be bothered if he stayed but also wouldn't be gutted if he did move on.

Needs to hit the weights then?

Spence isn't good enough for this level, nowhere near.

Fair play to him then, 20 goals in 59 games - more than a third from the bench - at Raith is a good record for a player who is nowhere good enough. I wish we had had a striker who was similarly hopeless at this level last season, it would have saved us a bit of worrying over the last few games ;)

Edited by Waspie

Fair play to him then, 20 goals in 59 games - more than a third from the bench - at Raith is a good record for a player who is nowhere good enough. I wish we had had a striker who was similarly hopeless at this level last season, it would have saved us a bit of worrying over the last few games ;)

How many of those 20 goals were penalties? Another of his weaknesses that he needs to work on is his scoring rate when through on the goalkeeper - he never scores.

Edited by Beachbum

Spence reminds me a lot of yon Lewis Coult who used to play for Cowden. Obsessed with living the footballers lifstyle and partaking in every footballer cliche activity going without having the football career to match it.

Always thought he showed some potential but by all accounts was hopeless last season. If he could ditch all the #nandos #Ibiza #inked #newwheels shite and concentrate on the actual football part of being a footballer he may come good again.