The Alloa Athletic Thread

Would prefer the good lad McDowall to be number 1 next season. Deserves it out of loyalty and patience. This was the guy that kept Bain out of the team while Bain struggled at first.

Edited by Waspy

Gibson apparently signed for Elgin, bumped them to play at a higher level for Airdrie, bumped them to sign for Alloa. Strange one. Seemed logical he was always going to end up at Alloa.

Did he bump airdrie though? Or was it just rumour and bad reporting. Genuine question by the way. Didn't see anything official from airdrie on it.

Is the boy Weatherston injured? On twitter he was saying he was looking forward to getting fit??

Got what looked like a sore one in the playoff final at Methil. I spoke to him in the pub after the game about it, but due to a combination of being high as a kite after promotion and copious amounts of drink, I can't remember what it was. He couldn't walk in the pub though.

Good luck :lol:

Did he bump airdrie though? Or was it just rumour and bad reporting. Genuine question by the way. Didn't see anything official from airdrie on it.

I think the Airdrie thing was bad reporting in one paper can't remember which one it had he had bumped Elgin to join Alloa but later that day I seen somewhere else it was Airdrie!

Got what looked like a sore one in the playoff final at Methil. I spoke to him in the pub after the game about it, but due to a combination of being high as a kite after promotion and copious amounts of drink, I can't remember what it was. He couldn't walk in the pub though.

More likely a recognition that he is stepping up two divisions to a significantly higher level of football so will obviously need to get fitter ;) .

Hopefully Gibson will do a job for us. Happy the manager moved so quickly to get a replacement for Bain.

Would prefer the good lad McDowall to be number 1 next season. Deserves it out of loyalty and patience. This was the guy that kept Bain out of the team while Bain struggled at first.

I would agree with this, McDowall has stepped up and done the job when called upon and his attitude seems right

Think Gibson will start No1 very Experience keeper at this level

He's definitely not experienced at this level and I think McDowall should be number 2 with him being the back up McDowall deserves his chance to prove himself now

McDowall isn't good enough. He's a decent enough number two. Nothing more.

We don't need luck. ;)

More likely a recognition that he is stepping up two divisions to a significantly higher level of football so will obviously need to get fitter ;) .

Hopefully Gibson will do a job for us. Happy the manager moved so quickly to get a replacement for Bain.

:D

f**k off and bug someone else

:lol: