The Alloa Athletic Thread

Any pace he once had has long gone. He's a lazy waste of space. That said, in the last few weeks of the season he scored a good few crucial goals for us, but for the majority of the season, he hardly gave any effort. He's clearly got talent, and perhaps playing against better sides will motivate him, but he's certainly not the speed merchant he used to be, that's for sure.

Ach well, time will tell. Pretty much every time we sign a player there are fans of former clubs questioning them. I can recall it happening with several players who have been brilliant for Alloa the past 3 seasons. So, he will get every chance to prove himself. Incidentally his pace shouldn't be gone at his age. Perhaps the training wasn't right. That can be sorted, as can an alleged lack of effort.

As pencils said you would take Sparky ahead of Creaney at LB and I would far rather have had his drive in left midfield than Caddis and there is no doubt that is something we badly missed last season. Welcome to him and hopefully will be a good option for us.

I would go along with this with regards Creaney who will surely to struggle to regain any foothold within the team. Seen a picture of him recently and it looks like he will be out of football for a while. It's a shame for the lad but hopefully he can make a full recovery from his condition but I can't see him been offered a deal IMO.

Can't believe caddis was offered a deal at St Johnstone, showed glimpses at alloa but they were few and far between.

Edited by Waspy

Very happy that McCord is signed up again. One of the best part time midfielders in Scotland. Happy with Tiffoney signing too. As has been said many times before he's never let us down. Docherty should never have been released in the first place and by all accounts has had a cracking season at Stranraer. As far as Weatherstone goes - he has to be better than Kirk. Impossible not to be.

Any pace he once had has long gone. He's a lazy waste of space. That said, in the last few weeks of the season he scored a good few crucial goals for us, but for the majority of the season, he hardly gave any effort. He's clearly got talent, and perhaps playing against better sides will motivate him, but he's certainly not the speed merchant he used to be, that's for sure.

Can't say I'm over the moon about this one. Has ability and pace (or maybe not now :unsure: ), but inconsistent and often injured if I remember correctly from his time at Falkirk.

Having said that with Cawley also signed our attacking options are already as good as they were last season.

I think you will be disappointed with Weatherston. As Stewarty says he did score some crucial goals in our push for promotion but for 3/4 of the season he struggled to make an impact.

Oh, and he doesn't like being subbed.

Based on what exactly?

Based on what I saw of him at Queens Park. The guy is only 27 and under the right management (Murray) he could flourish once again. I'd also imagine he'd be on a low wage and doesn't seem like a disruptive character so no risk involved if he's shite.

I appreciate he's not had the best few seasons but he's obviously got the talent. Some of the performances I seen him put in at QP were unbelievable.

Hope you's spend the fee wise.

The guy is worth way more than the fee you paid, just hope dundee don't waste him. Scott needs to be playing week in week out to continue his development. Best of luck to the guy.

Confirmed that John Gibson has signed. Seemed to get good reviews from the Elgin fans and the last goalie we signed following a loan spell with them was pretty decent.

Good to see him remain in the division. He'll come on a lot when he gets regular first team football I reckon.

Ludo *1, on 09 May 2014 - 20:53, said:

Barry Smith's signings at Dundee usually correlated with who he knew, so I think it'd be a good bet to look at our released list when it's announced, look at where Alloa need strengthened and look for who amongst our released list were at the club when Smith was for potential Alloa signings. I can see John Gibson for starters being one of Alloa's goalkeepers next season.

22 days later...