The Alloa Athletic Thread

Barry Smith's signings at Dundee usually correlated with who he knew, so I think it'd be a good bet to look at our released list when it's announced, look at where Alloa need strengthened and look for who amongst our released list were at the club when Smith was for potential Alloa signings. I can see John Gibson for starters being one of Alloa's goalkeepers next season.

That's a decent shout. He could also make moves for Macintosh and even Lockwood.

Barry Smith's signings at Dundee usually correlated with who he knew, so I think it'd be a good bet to look at our released list when it's announced, look at where Alloa need strengthened and look for who amongst our released list were at the club when Smith was for potential Alloa signings. I can see John Gibson for starters being one of Alloa's goalkeepers next season.

Gibson would be a good replacement I reckon. Jamie Reid as well maybe. Lockwood is probably a bit too old for this level.

You think he can arrange for me to win the lottery tonight? :whistle

Where do you think the money to replace the big 'A' on the Clackmannan Road is coming from? ;)

A finger in every pie, that man.

Does anyone know the life span of our current plastic pitch? Going by my calculations I reckon we have had it for about 7 years. It would be interesting to find out if the pitch has actually paid for itself with regards bookings etc.

Does anyone know the life span of our current plastic pitch? Going by my calculations I reckon we have had it for about 7 years. It would be interesting to find out if the pitch has actually paid for itself with regards bookings etc.

Don't know the life span, I help train wasps in the community and the pitch still seems new, plenty of years to go in my opinion

Does anyone know if we have any pre season friendlies lined up or when we are likely to do so? Fancy a wee return to Oban.

Oban is confirmed, info from the Oban Saints Facebook here;

Saints are delighted to announce that the line up for our popular pre-season tournament has now been finalised. Joining Oban Saints at Mossfield and Glencruitten on Saturday 12th July will be under 20's teams from Dundee United and St Johnstone and first team squads from Alloa Athletic, Heart of Midlothian and Hamilton Accies.

Saints are equally pleased to confirm that the tournament will once again be sponsored by our kit sponsor D&K Lafferty Contractors.

The D&K Cup tournament will kick off at11am.

Hope we can get another English team or maybe a foreign team at the recs this year. Bit sick of Aberdeen u-19s tbh

Hopefully a team who will bring a decent sized support a wee bit of income before the season even starts

Oban is confirmed, info from the Oban Saints Facebook here;

Saints are delighted to announce that the line up for our popular pre-season tournament has now been finalised. Joining Oban Saints at Mossfield and Glencruitten on Saturday 12th July will be under 20's teams from Dundee United and St Johnstone and first team squads from Alloa Athletic, Heart of Midlothian and Hamilton Accies.

Saints are equally pleased to confirm that the tournament will once again be sponsored by our kit sponsor D&K Lafferty Contractors.

The D&K Cup tournament will kick off at11am.

:thumsup2

Creaney made 10 starts. An ever present at the start of the season when Jason Marr was carrying an injury. Got injured himself in the 1st half of the first game against Dumbarton ironically, then couldn't break up the Doyle, Meggatt, Gordon, Marr back 4 once fit again. Had a couple of appearances in January before his heart problem surfaced.

Alloa must be the luckiest team in the league. Pish team who can hardly score a goal a game.

Stick ons for bottom next season so better saving your money and sign the cheapest options.

Luckiest? Sorry but luck doesn't go on for a full season, we may not be on par consistency ways as Falkirk, Hamilton, Dundee etc... And will surely be favourites for bottom but it's the points we took from the big teams that counted. Pretty sure we took 9 from Hamilton, 5 from Falkirk and 1 from Dundee so do one.