The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, printer said:

Daily Record has us after him.

I'm a bit surprised Falkirk have released him. Didn’t really seem to get a full chance with you. I know he made an error or two and didn't look overly comfortable on the ball, but I believe he's a decent enough keeper. Maybe McGlynn has someone better lined up e.g. Jamie MacDonald?

That's what I call a goalkeeper! Outstanding for us for that brief spell he had on loan.

The Alloa website saying  SIX   yes 6  players coming in awaiting registration 

all these players linked 

PJ morrison 

Devine 

hetherington

Roberts

Virtanen

strachan ?    Miller ? Doyle ?  , no mention of Church or Stanger or Adam king

Confirmation of Robbo Howie Gallacher and muir leaving

All the best Jon wherever you end up .

Edited by Vegetableman

4 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

The Alloa website saying  SIX   yes 6 new players coming in awaiting registration 

all these players linked 

PJ morrison 

Devine 

hetherington

Roberts

Virtanen

strachan ?    Miller ? 

Hopefully not Strachan as didn’t rate him, living on family name for me. Much prefer if Doyle or Miller were confirmed as a grade up from Strachan.

1 minute ago, Jagwasp said:

Hopefully not Strachan as didn’t rate him, living on family name for me. Much prefer if Doyle or Miller were confirmed as a grade up from Strachan.

i agree but who knows who they are ..yet, as i said previously Strachan ok as a squad player .

15 hours ago, Jagwasp said:

Strachan's a left back and we need a left back.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Apparently we're negotiating compensation for Stanger, likely to be much?

Doubt it. We only had him a year, it's not as if we've developed him since he was 14.

Alloa tend not to be tough to deal with in these circumstances and reputationally its reaped its rewards. Makes us more attractive option for players looking for a platform to return/move to full time football which provides way more value than holding out for a few hundred quid extra

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I actually thought Strachan had plenty of potential. Injury curtailed him a bit last season but I think he could reach Churches level no problem with a good run in the team.

Agreed. I thought he fitted in really well up until his injury. After that, as you say, he wasn't as mobile, didn't really get back to 100% fitness, but still did OK. 

Like Church, still has to fully learn the defensive side of the game, but has good delivery (off both feet) and, of course that long throw is a weapon which we could make more of.

Delighted to say we are going to be recording an episode of the podcast with Kevin Cawley later this week, ahead of his testimonial game. 

Let me know if you have any questions you would like put to the wee genius?!

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Have you boys signed Steven Hethrington or what's the script?

We're waiting on SFA paperwork to announce a few signings, if rumours are true Hethrington is one of them.

3 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Delighted to say we are going to be recording an episode of the podcast with Kevin Cawley later this week, ahead of his testimonial game. 

Let me know if you have any questions you would like put to the wee genius?!

Great news. 

Just the usual stuff, good and bad times at Alloa, best players he's played with, stories of characters he's played with, some of the memorable goals he's scored etc. Should be plenty to talk about from eleven years (and counting). 😁

Edited by printer

34 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

that's us confirmed Stanger, what can we expect from him? 

Tenacious tough defender , can see him doing well

Luke strachan signs for Cove  , not too bothered with that  so who are the  6  🤨

On 01/06/2023 at 20:45, printer said:

Daily Record has us after him.

I'm a bit surprised Falkirk have released him. Didn’t really seem to get a full chance with you. I know he made an error or two and didn't look overly comfortable on the ball, but I believe he's a decent enough keeper. Maybe McGlynn has someone better lined up e.g. Jamie MacDonald?

I didn't mind PJ, he was as good as the loan keepers we had, certainly Kinnear who he couldn't get a game in front of. That said he was out for a while with injury, when he got back fit McGlynn seemed to think he had lost some confidence. He was a permanent signing so to not get a game in front of a loan keeper probably made his mind up to try pastures new. I'd be amazed if McGlynn hasn't already had talks with MacDonald in a player/coach role as Bobby Geddes had just left the club. Not sure I'd want MacDonald back but realistically he's probably as good a keeper as your going to get in league 1. And we currently have no keepers.