The Alloa Athletic Thread

Tommy Hutchison 

Tommy will return to Recreation Park for the first time in fifty years tomorrow when the Wasps play Falkirk. 
He will be chatting  to fans, having photos and signing copies of his new book. 
Tommy is a funny but very humble man and will enjoy talking to fans about any aspect of his life or career be it playing for Wasps of playing for Scotland.

If you can’t make the game but would like a copy of the book, please use the form below.

Hutch' order form

18 minutes ago, Mr Magic said:

Tommy Hutchison 

Tommy will return to Recreation Park for the first time in fifty years tomorrow when the Wasps play Falkirk. 
He will be chatting  to fans, having photos and signing copies of his new book. 
Tommy is a funny but very humble man and will enjoy talking to fans about any aspect of his life or career be it playing for Wasps of playing for Scotland.

If you can’t make the game but would like a copy of the book, please use the form below.

Hutch' order form

Will be at the game , how much is the book ? . looking forward to it .

Kieran Offord been recalled by St Mirren. Never really got going with us, very stop start with appearances. A shame as what we did see (mostly against Clyde!), there is clearly a player in there. 

Opens the door for a loan spot up top but really need a body in there of quality. Would’ve kept Kieran, showed enough.

Really good book! 

I see St Mirren have recalled Kieran Offord. Can't blame them, little point in him sitting on the bench for us. You could argue he didn't make the most of his chances, despite promising signs here and there, but he also didn't ever get a decent run. Bit strange given we apparently made a real effort to get him in. Certainly looks like there is a player in there and good luck to him. 

Really enjoyed the podcasts again this week too. Impressed by Allan Salvona, he speaks really well. 

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I don't think Keiran offord was given a chance,

maybe he wanted to go ?

Hopefully Rice has his eye on another loan 

bet he goes out elsewhere  .

Not sure if he can- he played 3 League Cup games for St Mirren before joining us on loan. The rules may have changed though I can't keep up with them.

Seems like players are bailing out just now,but maybe St Mirren gave up on us giving Offord a run in the team.Comes across as poor management our end,the lad should have been given a chance.It leaves us scratching around to find a replacement.Given that every team wants the same players,it's going to be pretty damned difficult to replace him.Sadly what we have in our forward line doesn't fill me with to much faith.Just hope we can get someone in,and quick.

Edited by Alloa 68

2 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

Seems like players are bailing out just now,but maybe St Mirren gave up on us giving Offord a run in the team.Comes across as poor management our end,the lad should have been given a chance.It leaves us scratching around to find a replacement.Given that every team wants the same players,it's going to be pretty damned difficult to replace him.Sadly what we have in our forward line doesn't fill me with to much faith.Just hope we can get someone in,and quick.

Everyone is allowed an opinion and to voice one mate- no problem with that whether in agreement or not. But that first sentence is complete nonsense.

13 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Everyone is allowed an opinion and to voice one mate- no problem with that whether in agreement or not. But that first sentence is complete nonsense.

You picked me up wrong,I said SEEMS like,not that to they we're.But we are losing players this month,and need players in.Losing a player like Offord is,in my opinion a big blow,and he won't be easy to replace.Howie is leaving it looks like and Muir asked to leave.We obviously don't know why.Maybe chose the wrong words.

1 minute ago, Alloa 68 said:

You picked me up wrong,I said SEEMS like,not that to they we're.But we are losing players this month,and need players in.Losing a player like Offord is,in my opinion a big blow,and he won't be easy to replace.Howie is leaving it looks like and Muir asked to leave.We obviously don't know why.Maybe chose the wrong words.

Losing players and bringing in players during a transfer window- you're right something sinister must be going on behind the scenes.

Offord was recalled by St Mirren, Muir wanted to spend more time with his family and by all accounts Howie is emigrating.

Based on your previous posts I'd say it's mischief making. You're trying to insinuate something that just isn't there at all. 

I actually agree on Offord, I don't think the manager emerges with credit, didn't really give the guy a run to see what he could do.

6 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I actually agree on Offord, I don't think the manager emerges with credit, didn't really give the guy a run to see what he could do.

I’m with you on this - I’m a bit gutted he’s away and feel he will be missed not necessarily because of what he’s brought already, more what I believe he had the potential to bring for the rest of the season. Definitely feel we didn’t utilise him as well as we could have. 

I can’t blame St Mirren one bit for recalling him, if I’m Stephen Robinson I’d rather have him available to sit on my bench in the premiership if needed than sitting on our bench in League 1. 

I suppose there’s always the chance we see him back with us later in the window (is this loan window until end of February?) like we seen with Henderson last year. Wether it’s him or someone else, we definitely need another striker in now. 

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Not sure if he can- he played 3 League Cup games for St Mirren before joining us on loan. The rules may have changed though I can't keep up with them.

Nothing's changed. He cant play for anyone else this season apart from St Mirren and Alloa.

Unless he drops to Lowland League anyway. 2 club rule only applies to SPFL level.

Shame Offords been recalled, he's shown glimpses of what he can offer. Feel he was underused here, probably one of the reasons he was recalled. A lot of his appearances were 15/20 minute cameos which doesn't give him a lot of time to show what he can do. Think the 15/20 minute cameos would be perfect for Rodden. Injection of pace as opposition defenders are tiring.

10 hours ago, Rory said:

Think the 15/20 minute cameos would be perfect for Rodden. Injection of pace as opposition defenders are tiring.

Thought Brad Rodden did alright today when he came on, couple of times he did well beating his man when out wide. Looked a sore one he took. 

Feel comfortable enough with that sort of role for him to be honest, but hopefully we can pick up another option up top in this window. 

6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Speaking to Rodden at the end on the treatment table. It's most likely a broken collarbone. I've done it myself in very similar circumstances and it's excruciating. He'll probably be out of action for 4 weeks to let it heal. 

Ffs, make that 2 front men needed!