The Alloa Athletic Thread

23 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Just seen the stats on the BBC,  2 shots two on target ? so the goalie saves and the clearance on the line don't count 

will never trust that again  .   poor defensive performance ,      positives !    , Durnan back and wee kev doing what he does best , scoring and not defending 

Stanger was running about before the game too so I assume he's got a week or two before he's involved again. I think he's been excellent so far so that's a big boost.

Looking forward to seeing Tommy hutchison at the recs on saturday

Book aught to be a good read with a signature and discount  £20 /£25

Nice to see him come back and see where it really started and how it is now 

Wooden stand and spoil heap east terracing  all gone now ( i remember it well )

Hopefully Davie Glencross will be on hand for a photo . the guy is a legend ... 

17 hours ago, Rory said:

I know it's a couple of weeks away but will the game against Kelty on Hogmanay be available to stream since it's a 1pm kick off? 

Actually, questionable now I've thought about it@Rory

say 1:00pm KO 1:47ish half time then 2:03 kick-off for the second half. Blocking would need to start at 2:45pm so it would cut off the end of the game. 

Edited by LeodhasXD

On 26/11/2022 at 21:40, Waspie said:

Just finished Tommy's book, really good read. Well done Mr Magic 👍. Great that Tommy will be back at the Recs next month too. 

That’s great, I’m glad you enjoyed the book. Shame the game was off on Saturday. I believe Tommy is now coming to a cup game against Falkirk in January. 

Episode 23 of the podcast up with a quick preview of the Clyde game, handing out some mid-season awards and looking ahead to the January transfer window with some left-field potential targets.

We will have part 2 out between Xmas and New year looking at winter transfer signings from the past and highlighting another few signing targets for the Wasps.

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

8 hours ago, tryall said:

Is the logical next step in BRs selection procedure to play Sammon in goal and Hogarth as striker? Or am  i being cynical?

He shouldn't be playing Sammon at all , I like him but he has been a waste of a start recently .

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Read on another forum Rice linked with Fulltime gig at QoS..... 

I'd be surprised. Hardly a step up just now, but who knows.

If you're short in any defensive areas, he'll save you a bit of cash by repurposing one of your better attacking players, so that's handy if your budget's strained.

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'd be surprised. Hardly a step up just now, but who knows.

If you're short in any defensive areas, he'll save you a bit of cash by repurposing one of your better attacking players, so that's handy if your budget's strained.

We have already done that with Euan East... 

On 10/12/2022 at 16:06, LeodhasXD said:

My condolences on your dementia. Donnelly vs Broomhill.

Really not a good look for a club official to be casting supporters of the club in such a light.  Having worked with individuals who suffer from this disease and losing a good friend and life long Alloa Supporter recently you really are wretched human being