The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

Still time for another loan (striker ) to come in , not panicking yet  ....

....plus a left back who can actually tackle.

Hi guys,

I am back for a very brief visit but with good news. Your club no longer hold the title of biggest rip off merchants for admission prices in the SPFL. The title holders are now East Fife. £18 for an adult and £14 yes £14 for concessions.

Good luck for the season Bye.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

59 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Hi guys,

I am back for a very brief visit but with good news. Your club no longer hold the title of biggest rip off merchants for admission prices in the SPFL. The title holders are now East Fife. £18 for an adult and £14 yes £14 for concessions.

Good luck for the season Bye.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

🥱😫 jeeso, you still greetin about that? Yer in the big league now da.

What a relief. It's been keeping me up nights.

Are we allowed to specify games against Bonnyrigg as Category A and charge more? That would be a deeply petty thing to do, and I certainly wouldn't support such a move.

Spoiler

d03.gif

49 minutes ago, Rory said:

Good result for us today. Rodden impressed when he came on, chased every ball to put the pressure on.

Glad the A Team is back when we score too!

Is it  ? i never noticed  .

52 minutes ago, Rory said:

Good result for us today. Rodden impressed when he came on, chased every ball to put the pressure on.

Glad the A Team is back when we score too!

Excellent news.

The announcements are generally much better. I take it the mid-Aughts mix CD had an accident with the shredder.

On 06/08/2022 at 19:17, BFTD said:

Excellent news.

The announcements are generally much better. I take it the mid-Aughts mix CD had an accident with the shredder.

@Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)once said I'm the man who spins too many plates. 

Pre-match playlists coming off my laptop, playing goal music when we score while filming and commentating and troubleshooting any streaming problems midgame. Someone save me.

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

@Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)once said I'm the man who spins too many plates. 

Pre-match playlists coming off my laptop, playing goal music when we score while filming and commentating and troubleshooting any streaming problems midgame. Someone save me.

You're doing a cracking job. I hope you know it's appreciated.

So @KierenAAFC and I have put together an Alloa Podcast, starting with a bit of a bumper edition first episode - review of the Kelty game and a look ahead to the Edinburgh game.

We also have @AllyMonc on to go into more depth on the Edinburgh side.

Huge thanks to @LeodhasXD for letting us use audio from his interview with Brian Rice.

Let us know what you think of it

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

1 hour ago, Kevchenko said:

So @KierenAAFC and I have put together an Alloa Podcast, starting with a bit of a bumper edition first episode - review of the Kelty game and a look ahead to the Edinburgh game.

We also have @AllyMonc on to go into more depth on the Edinburgh side.

Huge thanks to @LeodhasXD for letting us use audio from his interview with Brian Rice.

Let us know what you think of it

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

The only thing I'll say is it'll take me a while to get through 1:45 is a long podcast. 40 minutes for me is the sweetspot - I like to go to the gym in the mornings and listen to a single episode - I wouldn't last 1:45 in the gym😂

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The only thing I'll say is it'll take me a while to get through 1:45 is a long podcast. 40 minutes for me is the sweetspot - I like to go to the gym in the mornings and listen to a single episode - I wouldn't last 1:45 in the gym😂

I’ll be honest, we envisaged it being around that sort of length and I think going forward it probably will be. 

With everything going on around FC Edinburgh just now it made for quite a lengthy discussion on that front but I would imagine most discussions with the opposition will be a lot shorter. 

Either that or you’re going to become an absolute unit over the next few weeks in the gym!

7 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

I’ll be honest, we envisaged it being around that sort of length and I think going forward it probably will be. 

With everything going on around FC Edinburgh just now it made for quite a lengthy discussion on that front but I would imagine most discussions with the opposition will be a lot shorter. 

Either that or you’re going to become an absolute unit over the next few weeks in the gym!

I've not listened yet but to be fair that does explain it. There's a lot to unpack in that debacle. Not looking forward to the reverse fixture...

16 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I've not listened yet but to be fair that does explain it. There's a lot to unpack in that debacle. Not looking forward to the reverse fixture...

It’s absolute carnage by the sounds of things. 

Such a shame as it should have been a really momentous season for them. 

Yeah I mentioned that to Ally, it looks horrific from a viewing standpoint. You’ll need to see if you can get camera set up in the hospitality bit cause I reckon they will have a pretty decent view from higher up

Just now, Kevchenko said:

It’s absolute carnage by the sounds of things. 

Such a shame as it should have been a really momentous season for them. 

Yeah I mentioned that to Ally, it looks horrific from a viewing standpoint. You’ll need to see if you can get camera set up in the hospitality bit cause I reckon they will have a pretty decent view from higher up

Aye, although if you've seen where our camera is set up at the recs I want to ask someone relevant on Saturday if we can rig it similarly on the roof beams of their stand. Height helps massively. I'm reticent to attempt to film from the inside windows where I assume they're doing hospitality. All it takes is a bit of rain on a window to snooker you.

To compare done a game at Crossgates the other day and it's nowhere near ideal at ground level. The camera sits at roughly 2m high at max elevation but it's not enough. https://youtu.be/qVPvnBfHdsA

Gave the podcast a listen on Spotify, pretty good stuff, keep it up 👍🏻.

As you mentioned left back situation a bit, really hoping we can get left back sorted as like you said Taggs is too important on the right to shift over. Any idea on potential loans?

Based on the feedback from their own fans and a couple of Pars fans at work, I think I'll give Meadowbank a miss, doesn't sound like a good away day.