The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Teams are on the SPFL website way too quick to be from the referees but I do see it change after games and I assume that they take the referees filling it in or right enough from the extranet.

Yeah, sorry they definitely use PA feed info for Live updates and teams, etc. I really meant more for their stats sections post match. Although it equally could come from the PA also.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, sorry they definitely use PA feed info for Live updates and teams, etc. I really meant more for their stats sections post match. Although it equally could come from the PA also.

Surely, it'll be interconnected... I hope. I don't even want to think about how painful that would in duplicated work. 

44 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Surely, it'll be interconnected... I hope. I don't even want to think about how painful that would in duplicated work. 

As Skyline Drifter says the refs have to "upload" data to the SFA Extranet system then there would appear to be at least some duplication.

I'm not sure I've come across a business process of any complexity where isn't at least some area of inefficiency. And often it's mindblowing, especially for big organisations. 😂

Shocked that the SFA's one doesn't link to a creaking Access database of players dating back to the Nineties, and take at least thirty seconds to add the name of each player (including at least five entries for Kevin Cawley with different spellings).

Just now, BFTD said:

Shocked that the SFA's one doesn't link to a creaking Access database of players dating back to the Nineties, and take at least thirty seconds to add the name of each player (including at least five entries for Kevin Cawley with different spellings).

Who says it doesn't?

Kevin Cawly

Kevin Crawley

Keven Cawley

Kevin Cowley

K Cawley

11 minutes ago, printer said:

Who says it doesn't?

Kevin Cawly

Kevin Crawley

Keven Cawley

Kevin Cowley

K Cawley

Christ, if we could only sign all of them.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Kevin Crawley's testimonial is bound to be soon.

11 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Kevin Crawley's testimonial is bound to be soon.

He deserves it, after all those games covering for the other one(s).

Fantastic bit of business. Struggled with fitness his first season but since Rice came in he has been sensational. 

I think since Rice came in and played him more centrally he has been better, also seemed to always have niggles under bazza unless he didn't want to play for him ?

Scougall was quite a frustrating watch early on. He was obviously disrupted by injuries. But when he played his touch and ability to open up space had all the elements of a successor to Iain Flannigan. He just wasnt influencing games as much as I thought he was capable of.

Barry Ferguson deploying him as a winger really summed up his tenure as manager. For a guy who was a really good midfield player at a high level to be so clueless about putting together a balanced midfield really was beyond belief.

Thankfully Rice has seen what we could all see, and now we are getting the best out of him. With a lot more part time clubs handing out contracts beyond the standard one year, we simply had to follow suit or end up left behind. A really sensible piece of business by the club.

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

I think since Rice came in and played him more centrally he has been better, also seemed to always have niggles under bazza unless he didn't want to play for him ?

Pretty certain it will have been the latter for him, (and a few others).

17 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Scougall was quite a frustrating watch early on. He was obviously disrupted by injuries. But when he played his touch and ability to open up space had all the elements of a successor to Iain Flannigan. He just wasnt influencing games as much as I thought he was capable of.

Barry Ferguson deploying him as a winger really summed up his tenure as manager. For a guy who was a really good midfield player at a high level to be so clueless about putting together a balanced midfield really was beyond belief.

Thankfully Rice has seen what we could all see, and now we are getting the best out of him. With a lot more part time clubs handing out contracts beyond the standard one year, we simply had to follow suit or end up left behind. A really sensible piece of business by the club.

It really was. 😅

Scougs clearly likes it at Alloa and I believe part-time suits him now. He could comfortably play Championship top half at least; we are lucky to have him.

If injuries etc allow him and Robbo to start most games, we will do OK I think.

Edited by printer

Any news on a striker and left back coming in.Brian Rice had four major tasks in the close season.Get our core players signed up,get a decent keeper in,sign a proper left back and a striker.As far as i can make out,he's only managed to get two of these tasks done.I can see us heading into the rest of the season with no further additions and that's a real worry.No goalscorer means another season fighting at the wrong end of the league.Really hope we get players in,and I'm wrong,fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

Any news on a striker and left back coming in.Brian Rice had four major tasks in the close season.Get our core players signed up,get a decent keeper in,sign a proper left back and a striker.As far as i can make out,he's only managed to get two of these tasks done.I can see us heading into the rest of the season with no further additions and that's a real worry.No goalscorer means another season fighting at the wrong end of the league.Really hope we get players in,and I'm wrong,fingers crossed.

Calm down, m8.