The Alloa Athletic Thread

4 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

Is their anywhere I can get a season ticket today before the early bird finishes tomorrow I have tried the ground also the wasp centre lime tree House is only open Monday to Friday the club site says online but doesn't give you a link any info would be greatly appreciated 

Here you go: https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/product-category/tickets/season-tickets/

16 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Not as impressed as you with the no 10 but  Colts number 12 looks better .

I'm with you , I wasn't over impressed with no 10 although he finished well for his 2nd goal, I  thought no 11 looked OK and was always available for a pass and moved the ball about well 

Yes I thought colts no 12 looked decent 

Decent enough exercise yesterday. Result never in doubt and allowed Alloa to work on ironing out the creases of their passing play and reach competitive match sharpness. 

I thought the win would involve plenty goals after scoring a couple early. Both goals were well taken and from twitter it looks like trialist is Bradley Rodden who was at Rossvale last season. Took his goals well and made some really good runs first half. Colts to their credit stuck in there after that opening 20 mins, and actually competed well for the rest of the game without ever really threatening the Alloa goal.

Not that much else to report. Alloa scored a third early in the 2nd half through a set piece. Andy Graham claimed it but I thought it looked suspiciously like an own goal. Last half hour was pretty fragmented with a flood of trialists and youngsters introduced. Scougall looked class in his time on the pitch as always. 

Early days in pre season and plenty games on the horizon before the real stuff begins.

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Any idea who the Alloa trialists are? I’d imagine we’ll be sniffing about your trialist cast offs that don’t manage to win a deal. Couple of decent finishes from the #10!

Earlier post says the no 10 was Bradley Rodden who has been playing for Rossvale, couple o good finishes but I didn't think he offered much more, I thought the no 11 looked tidy enough, 

Was quite impressed by the colts no12 

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Any idea who the Alloa trialists are? I’d imagine we’ll be sniffing about your trialist cast offs that don’t manage to win a deal. Couple of decent finishes from the #10!

I assume your left back will know the number 10.  Pretty sure they are brothers

Number 11 is subject to paperwork but as far as I know he'll be back at his parent club for a full-time pre-season so his appearances may be limited in upcoming friendlies. Number 19 everybody knows already SFA is just being very slow to process this year for every club.

Also the kids are all technically trialists just now but because I've played with/against him I like Jamie Comrie, number 14, as a player - he's got good feet and technically very good, not shy in a tackle either but could use a few extra stone of muscle to play mans football. He's only 18 so his time will come. Madjid Suleyman, Paul McLaren are youths too but I'm less knowledgeable about them. 

There's a number 5 yet to see anything from him to say he should get a contract.

The number 9 on Tuesday was a kid too. Local boy from Clackmannan. I was filled in on details scored that he scored a lot of goals for Dunipace U20's but he lasted 10 minutes and had a recurrence of a hamstring injury so I don't imagine we'll see him again. 

Goallie in the second half had nothing to do - but another local. Somebody recognised him from Sauchie Juniors - they've played with him at youth level and they said he was good. 

5 minutes ago, Piemaster47 said:

Has anyone had issues buying an e-ticket for tonight's game? My Stirling-supporting friend bought one this morning and got an order confirmation email, but hasn't received the actual ticket yet. He's tried emailing but no reply so far... Any ideas @LeodhasXD?

There's only one guy who's emailed me and I replied to his email earlier. 

I strongly suspect I'm in his  spam/junk folder. Right now I'm doing an update to the website so don't be too perturbed if you can't get on.

Edited by LeodhasXD

On 27/06/2022 at 13:13, LeodhasXD said:

I assume your left back will know the number 10.  Pretty sure they are brothers

Number 11 is subject to paperwork but as far as I know he'll be back at his parent club for a full-time pre-season so his appearances may be limited in upcoming friendlies. Number 19 everybody knows already SFA is just being very slow to process this year for every club.

Also the kids are all technically trialists just now but because I've played with/against him I like Jamie Comrie, number 14, as a player - he's got good feet and technically very good, not shy in a tackle either but could use a few extra stone of muscle to play mans football. He's only 18 so his time will come. Madjid Suleyman, Paul McLaren are youths too but I'm less knowledgeable about them. 

There's a number 5 yet to see anything from him to say he should get a contract.

The number 9 on Tuesday was a kid too. Local boy from Clackmannan. I was filled in on details scored that he scored a lot of goals for Dunipace U20's but he lasted 10 minutes and had a recurrence of a hamstring injury so I don't imagine we'll see him again. 

Goallie in the second half had nothing to do - but another local. Somebody recognised him from Sauchie Juniors - they've played with him at youth level and they said he was good. 

Cheers for the info mate!

That Dunipace 20s team was meant to have been fantastic, a fair few boys have been hoovered up. Callum Tapping was coaching too and has went to Bo'ness as first team coach despite still being under contract with Edinburgh City. Weird one.

Jamie Comrie related to Alan?

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

Cheers for the info mate!

That Dunipace 20s team was meant to have been fantastic, a fair few boys have been hoovered up. Callum Tapping was coaching too and has went to Bo'ness as first team coach despite still being under contract with Edinburgh City. Weird one.

Jamie Comrie related to Alan?

Not sure. Colin is his dad's name I think he's got 10 or so Alloa appearances back in his day.

16 minutes ago, printer said:

Details (score, scorers, team, trialists names etc) gratefully received. 🙂 

3 excellent goals from King, a sort of back flick from a corner, a 25 yard thunderb*****d in to the top corner and a good finish from an angle. He had a pretty good game to be fair - performances like that from him this year would be like having a new player. 

Lined up 5-3-2 with Burt in goals, Durnan, Howie and Andy at centre half and Cawley and O’Donnell as wing backs. Robbo and Scougall in the middle with King in front, and MacIver and Sammon up top. 

Burt didn’t have much to do but made a bit of a mess of the one he let in. Was replaced for last 15-20 mins but not sure who the replacement was. Sub had 1 really good save and can certainly clear a ball. 

Andy was Andy, Howie had a good solid game but Durnan had to go off early. Stanger replaced him but didn’t think he had that good a game. 

Cawley was pretty quiet but O’Donnell played well down left and set up Scougall’s goal. Church came on for Cammy and did ok and young boy came on at right wing back and had a couple nice touches. 

Robbo was solid and Scougall played well again. King was quiet until his first goal but had a good game after that. Young boy Comrie I think came on late on for King. 

Sammon worked hard up top and MacIver won a fair bit in the air 2nd half but things didn’t really come off for him tonight. The number 5 came on for Sammon and definitely did a lot of running. Should have scored from an O’Donnell cut back but was well blocked. He looks absolutely rapid. The number 9 that was only on for 5 mins against Partick got the last 5-10 mins as well. 

Think that was pretty much it! 

3 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

3 excellent goals from King, a sort of back flick from a corner, a 25 yard thunderb*****d in to the top corner and a good finish from an angle. He had a pretty good game to be fair - performances like that from him this year would be like having a new player. 

Lined up 5-3-2 with Burt in goals, Durnan, Howie and Andy at centre half and Cawley and O’Donnell as wing backs. Robbo and Scougall in the middle with King in front, and MacIver and Sammon up top. 

Burt didn’t have much to do but made a bit of a mess of the one he let in. Was replaced for last 15-20 mins but not sure who the replacement was. Sub had 1 really good save and can certainly clear a ball. 

Andy was Andy, Howie had a good solid game but Durnan had to go off early. Stanger replaced him but didn’t think he had that good a game. 

Cawley was pretty quiet but O’Donnell played well down left and set up Scougall’s goal. Church came on for Cammy and did ok and young boy came on at right wing back and had a couple nice touches. 

Robbo was solid and Scougall played well again. King was quiet until his first goal but had a good game after that. Young boy Comrie I think came on late on for King. 

Sammon worked hard up top and MacIver won a fair bit in the air 2nd half but things didn’t really come off for him tonight. The number 5 came on for Sammon and definitely did a lot of running. Should have scored from an O’Donnell cut back but was well blocked. He looks absolutely rapid. The number 9 that was only on for 5 mins against Partick got the last 5-10 mins as well. 

Think that was pretty much it! 

Cheers, mate, appreciate it. Maybe we've discovered King's best position! ☺