The Alloa Athletic Thread

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Can't we just get on with calling your team Meadowbank Thistle now and be done with it? FC Edinburgh, FFS.

I wonder how much it would cost to buy the Ferranti name these days. Can't break sponsorship rules with a company that no longer exists.

Are ferranti part of BAE now ? and still a copyrighted  brand name  🙂

Surely if that team is an Edinburgh /Scottish team it should be..  Dun Eidin  scottish gaelic ?   ,.....

Not much to add to comments above.

Goalie and a goalscorer are clearly the key gaps we have. Apart from those we are OK, although more quality and a bit more depth would be welcome.

Re Ramsbottom, I certainly wouldn't write him off based on that one game, but probably would based on the general view of him.

Stranger looked impressive going forwards in the second half. I think he'd be a decent signing and give us further cover/options at the back.

Wee Kev showing he's still a class act, even without his goal. Will be interesting to see how the manager fits both him and Taggs into the team, especially given his preference for a back three. I still prefer Kev through the middle and he could play the role Scougs did in the second half.

Overall enjoyed the evening.

Admission prices for Cumbernauld Colts game on Saturday £6/£3 at Broadwood Stadium.

Also for anyone interested, looks like the pre and post match Black and Gold Lounge bar will be open again when the league campaign commences this season.

Lastly, trying to get enough interest for a 49 seater for Buckie Thistle away- looks like a 9am departure. Price likely to be around the £20 return mark.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

42 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Admission prices for Cumbernauld Colts game on Saturday £6/£3 at Broadwood Stadium.

Also for anyone interested, looks like the pre and post match Black and Gold Lounge bar will be open again when the league campaign commences this season.

Lastly, trying to get enough interest for a 49 seater for Buckie Thistle away- looks like a 9am departure. Price likely to be around the £20 return mark.

You want me to put something out on twitter for that?

That's a good move for Sena, higher level than I expected but a good opportunity for him. 

David Mitchell released by Hibs as he wants wants to be playing regularly. Might get a full-time gig somewhere but if he going part-time he could be a very good solution to our goalkeeping problem. 

1 minute ago, Waspie said:

That's a good move for Sena, higher level than I expected but a good opportunity for him. 

David Mitchell released by Hibs as he wants wants to be playing regularly. Might get a full-time gig somewhere but if he going part-time he could be a very good solution to our goalkeeping problem. 

I thought of the Peep show actor there 🙂  doubt he would come here but you never know

9 minutes ago, Waspie said:

100% going to be Thistle though surely. 

Edited by LeodhasXD

17 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

100% going to be Thistle though surely. 

I don't have any inside info but if he is leaving Hibs purely on account of wanting to play every week then is Thistle likely when they have a decent keeper already? Maybe he feels he can dislodge Sneddon. 

5 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I don't have any inside info but if he is leaving Hibs purely on account of wanting to play every week then is Thistle likely when they have a decent keeper already? Maybe he feels he can dislodge Sneddon. 

Aye, Thistle or Dundee bound. More likely Thistle.

Good move for Sena too. Plenty to offer on the park and a top guy. Not sure if it works Scottish manager going down and signing lower league Scottish players, Tumility too at Hartlepool, let's see. Good luck to him though. Glad we won't be up against him!

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

We could give you Parry back and just let Mitch come back to us. 

Just now, liammcintosh01 said:

@LeodhasXD anyway to other way see the game tomorrow, any streams being put on?

... I can't guarantee it but just go on Wasp TV and you'll get what you get. Won't be any comms.

If you've not got a PPV just buy the stirling one early - it'll cover both games.

Train strike will make tomorrows game a bit of a logistical challenge for some. Would have been nice to go for a wee pre match beer but car it is for me.

Graeme Holmes is at Cumbernauld Colts, so hopefully get a chance to see him play in the game as a wee additional bonus.

Stranraer played them in a friendly last Saturday at Broadwood and won 5-0.

33 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Train strike will make tomorrows game a bit of a logistical challenge for some. Would have been nice to go for a wee pre match beer but car it is for me.

Graeme Holmes is at Cumbernauld Colts, so hopefully get a chance to see him play in the game as a wee additional bonus.

Stranraer played them in a friendly last Saturday at Broadwood and won 5-0.

Would be great to see Holmer play again.

Is their anywhere I can get a season ticket today before the early bird finishes tomorrow I have tried the ground also the wasp centre lime tree House is only open Monday to Friday the club site says online but doesn't give you a link any info would be greatly appreciated