The Alloa Athletic Thread

12 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Season tickets include 4 friendlies  too I see  that's quite decent 

as i am sure we had to pay before ...

🖕👋

Yeah didn't expect that tbh, pretty good as I'm assuming the League Cup games aren't

4 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Season tickets include 4 friendlies  too I see  that's quite decent 

as i am sure we had to pay before ...

🖕👋

Good news on the tickets front........I'd like to be hearing similarly good news on the signings front though.

18 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

League cup will be the usual i am sure , Maybe @LeodhasXD can confirm

Split gate for the Premier Sports cup, so no, not included. Same deal as the last decade.

Also the friendlies were always included Just last year we only had two that were both behind closed doors and before that was COVID. 

On 14/06/2022 at 11:18, LeodhasXD said:

Split gate for the Premier Sports cup, so no, not included. Same deal as the last decade.

Also the friendlies were always included Just last year we only had two that were both behind closed doors and before that was COVID. 

Cheers , pretty sure i paid to get into a friendly a few years ago when i had a ST  , Must pay attention ....

I see we have a set of new faces in training,  George Stanger  ? and a couple of other new faces ? seems strange no signing news for him .

Edited by Vegetableman

2 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Will there be any streams for the friendly games? I'm away on holiday for the first couple of games and would be good to still be able to watch them.

Aye why no. Not sure if@KierenAAFCwill be in and we'll do commentary - haven't bothered in the last few years with friendlies but I'll be in filming it anyway. Could maybe combine it and get a podcast episode running through the game.😂

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/event/alloa-athletic-v-partick-thistle/

28 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Steven Boyd, what can we expect? Never heard of him before it was announced he’d signed 

Imo decent in spells and one of the better Ferguson signings. Tricky, decent pace. I think full time football will benefit him as well. 

As I said a few posts back I liked Boyd and when he played well he was very effective. Obviously there were complaints that he wasn't consistent enough and didn't always have the end product. He actually played his best football for Alloa when we were shite under Ferguson rather than in the much improved Rice team, although he was shunted around in different roles under Rice. 

Have to say I'm surprised he has managed to get a gig in the Championship and for a side aiming for promotion but fair play to him. He does have talent and works hard and perhaps with the right role and management he can kick on. 

Hopefully we hear some positive signing news from the Recs this week. Market seems slow in general this summer and we have a stronger nucleus secured than many other clubs, but absolutely crucial we had 4 or 5 decent players. 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

As I said a few posts back I liked Boyd and when he played well he was very effective. Obviously there were complaints that he wasn't consistent enough and didn't always have the end product. He actually played his best football for Alloa when we were shite under Ferguson rather than in the much improved Rice team, although he was shunted around in different roles under Rice. 

Have to say I'm surprised he has managed to get a gig in the Championship and for a side aiming for promotion but fair play to him. He does have talent and works hard and perhaps with the right role and management he can kick on. 

Hopefully we hear some positive signing news from the Recs this week. Market seems slow in general this summer and we have a stronger nucleus secured than many other clubs, but absolutely crucial we had 4 or 5 decent players. 

And a decent manager 😁

17 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Steven Boyd, what can we expect? Never heard of him before it was announced he’d signed 

My opinion of boyd is he can do so much good on the ball and totally make an arse off the end product, this happened far too often last season for me, he's very quick, skillfull and direct though but final pass sadly lacks. I think he'll struggle at top end of championship 

21 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Peterhead / Inverness fans can correct me if I am wrong, however, I thought last season was his best season for numbers, and it was sitll very hot and cold. First half of the season, he was excellent. Much like a few others, it did really drop off, to the point I didn't think he even looked interested. It was a weird one. Clearly a player who thrives on confidence and plenty of the ball. Despite being small in stature, he certainly puts himself about - maybe sometimes a bit too hotheaded! Although, I think being part-time and being able to run his personal trainer business, or gym, whatever it was, has definitely helped him become more physical for his return to full-time.

Still so much to learn and I am quite surprised he is going to do it at the top end of the Championship, I thought maybe an Airdrie or Falkirk awaited. He is 25 years-old now so you'd be looking at wanting consistent numbers from August to May. A decent player on his day who I would have liked to have kept but don't believe he is a massive loss. Good luck to him. 

53 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Any signing news this week @LeodhasXD or will we have a few trialists playing tomorrow? Also any updates when the new kits will be out?

Youre in goals tomorrow night mate has no-one told you? Best get on the first plane back from your hols 🙂

Partick Thistle Squad for anyone interested in what we are facing tomorrow night (stolen from Championship forum)

Goalkeepers

1. Jamie Sneddon (24) 

Defenders

2. Jack McMillan (24) 
3. Harry Milne (25)
4. Kevin Holt (29) 
5. Darren Brownlie (28) 
18. Tunji Akinola (23) 
22. Aaron Muirhead (31)

Midfielders / Wingers 

6. Kyle Turner (24) 
7. Scott Tiffoney (23) 
8. Stuart Bannigan (29) 
11. Steven Lawless (31) 
14. Cammy Smith (26) 
21. Mouhamed Niang (22)- free to find new club
23. Ross Docherty (29) 

Forwards 

9. Brian Graham (34)
10. Anton Dowds (25)

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

55 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Any signing news this week @LeodhasXD or will we have a few trialists playing tomorrow? Also any updates when the new kits will be out?

I expect two in before tomorrow subject to paperwork otherwise a nice strong showing from the Trialist family is coming.

55 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I expect two in before tomorrow subject to paperwork otherwise a nice strong showing from the Trialist family is coming.

Hell of a pedigree there.

Seems to be some kind of Kardashian thing going on with the first initials, but.

7 minutes ago, Waspy said:

Is there a cash gate tomorrow?

For us well off fans who have not blown all thier money on diesel/petrol/ Electricity bills and propping up the bourgeoisie

Season tickets are free entry tomorrow

as for the riff raff    .....  🙂

image.jpeg.9f02d9e2ab714a6be70066ce20db3ac2.jpeg@ the Historic turnstyle from Bloomfield Road up for auction | Blackpool Gazette

Edited by Vegetableman