The Alloa Athletic Thread

Scrougall has not been offered terms at all. Scougall has another year to run though. 🙃

Frank McKeown was a firefighter. While the training is intensive to begin with it's compatible with being a footballer at least. You'd expect Andy would see plenty of playing time if Durnan wasn't available.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Based on his interview in the Advertiser last week Durnan seemed likely to stay. I'm sure the manager is doing his best to get the key men signed and to add decent reinforcements. If we do indeed have Andy, Kev and Scougs for sure that's a terrific start. 

I'd be absolutely gutted to lose Taggs if this rumour has substance.He's the backbone of the team,a classy,brave player.We failed very badly to deal with the left back situation under ferguson,and i'm not sure it would possible to bring in anyone as influential as Taggs.Very worrying if true.Hopefully not.

taggs going would be a blow for sure , IF all these rumours have any substance then we would be in an urgent situation regarding our defence  , but we shall see,  I don't care if Scrougall or Durnham go , As long as Scougall and Durnan are staying  ..

Scrougall has not been offered terms at all. Scougall has another year to run though. [emoji854]

Frank McKeown was a firefighter. While the training is intensive to begin with it's compatible with being a footballer at least. You'd expect Andy would see plenty of playing time if Durnan wasn't available.

Happy to do a £20 charity bet Scougrall is not at recs next season.

3 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Apparently rumours Taggs away to Airdrie, Scrougall not accepting terms. Durnham away to the fire service full time and Big Andy player and coach and development of youth not playing regularly.

Cawley signed

Is Taggs the right back,   Good player any time I have seen him,  no rumours at our end though.

11 hours ago, Passionate said:

Is Taggs the right back,   Good player any time I have seen him,  no rumours at our end though.

Murray had Taggs at Dumbarton, he was brilliant for us in the Champ so it would make sense especially if you go up.

Knee jerk rumours often occur at this time of year. Obviously we want to keep players of the quality of Taggs, Scougs and Durnan, but if they decide to move on for better money or whatever, then that's life. The club moves on.

On a gut feel, the Taggs one sounds most likely. We'd certainly struggle a lot to bring in a right back of his quality to match the service he has given us these last several years.

I suspect many of our squad would have been putting feelers out for moves and probably been negotiating with other clubs since January whilst Ferguson was still the manager. 

This is not uncommon especially at this level as most players sign 12 month deals. We have had continuity of squad personnel for a few years now but it was always going to end at some point. 

There will be new opportunities and new hero's for us .  At the end of the day , some of these players have given great service to us and never let us down and they go with our best wishes and thanks. 

We will be back and we do have a manager now with extensive knowledge of players in the Scottish scene , something Grant didn't and probably Ferguson evidenced by some of his signings didn't have . 

I do however suspect that we are operating on a much lesser budget this season given that having a squad of 26 is unsustainable year on year.  There is wreckage to plough through but we'll be back 

There was always going to come a time when the core of the team that our last few years of relative success has been built around would start to break up.Flanny retiring and Stevie H and Liam Dick going full time was the start and Trouts moving on after a horror season with injury is a fair chunk of said core.All terrific players for us and now time for new heroes to step up.Kevin Cawley re-signing was probably the biggest stick on,delighted with that.Robertson has also re-signed so now we wait and see who Rice can add.Its going to be some league next season.

9 hours ago, Kobe2010 said:

There was always going to come a time when the core of the team that our last few years of relative success has been built around would start to break up.Flanny retiring and Stevie H and Liam Dick going full time was the start and Trouts moving on after a horror season with injury is a fair chunk of said core.All terrific players for us and now time for new heroes to step up.Kevin Cawley re-signing was probably the biggest stick on,delighted with that.Robertson has also re-signed so now we wait and see who Rice can add.Its going to be some league next season.

How do you know this  ?

Robbo’s contribution to the team has been every bit as valuable to the team as much as Kev Taggs Andy and Neilly P.   If as suggested Andy doesn’t play as often and Taggs is on his way to Airdrie then Robbo would be an excellent Captain 

Apparently rumours Taggs away to Airdrie, Scrougall not accepting terms. Durnham away to the fire service full time and Big Andy player and coach and development of youth not playing regularly.

Cawley signed
I spoke to an Airdrie supporter at work today & I said to him about Taggs he said he hadn't heard anything

8 hours ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Riley Snow was he any good for use ?

Scored goal of the season but that was about it. Didn't look fit enough and was a bit part player especially after Ferguson left.  Being honest we were poor when he came in so it wasn't easy for him.