The Alloa Athletic Thread

Disappointing way for Trouten to finish after being a terrific player for Alloa. Still good enough without doubt if he wants to go elsewhere, but time will tell on that. Thanks for the memories, Trouts, a real class act and signed off by changing the game against Celtic, they couldn't cope with him during that wee cameo. Shame for young Williamson too, who was denied the chance to kick on this season. Has time on his side and hopefully he can get his career back on track elsewhere. 

No surprises with the rest. I'd have punted King too and another one or two possibly. 

So important we keep the key men, which by the sounds of that point from Leodhas might be in doubt... 

OK so overthinking the "unfortunate " that Lewis has said here is my wild and probably way wrong guess , Scougall is off to a full time team 

Probably Falkirk ?

maybe one other off somewhere else where the Grass is Greener .

Don't keep us in suspense  @LeodhasXD  I still haven't gotten over  Flanagan retiring

20 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

OK so overthinking the "unfortunate " that Lewis has said here is my wild and probably way wrong guess , Scougall is off to a full time team 

Probably Falkirk ?

maybe one other off somewhere else where the Grass is Greener .

Don't keep us in suspense  @LeodhasXD  I still haven't gotten over  Flanagan retiring

Correct, that's wild and wrong.

Could be a good surprise🙃

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Disappointing way for Trouten to finish after being a terrific player for Alloa. Still good enough without doubt if he wants to go elsewhere, but time will tell on that. Thanks for the memories, Trouts, a real class act and signed off by changing the game against Celtic, they couldn't cope with him during that wee cameo. Shame for young Williamson too, who was denied the chance to kick on this season. Has time on his side and hopefully he can get his career back on track elsewhere. 

No surprises with the rest. I'd have punted King too and another one or two possibly. 

So important we keep the key men, which by the sounds of that point from Leodhas might be in doubt... 

A superb Alloa player.  Thanks for the memories Alan Trouten . Absolutely top drawer 

Best wishes for the future to you and your family. Always welcome back in Alloa 

50 minutes ago, Oweny said:

A superb Alloa player.  Thanks for the memories Alan Trouten . Absolutely top drawer 

Best wishes for the future to you and your family. Always welcome back in Alloa 

One of the cleverest footballers I've seen at Alloa.

Best of luck for the future Trouts.

One of the cleverest footballers I've seen at Alloa.
Best of luck for the future Trouts.

May not agree with you on Scrougall but totally agree with you on Trouten. Give him a chance in box 9 out of 10 times the ball ends up in the back of the net.

4 hours ago, Waspie said:

Totally agree with the above, shame Trouten didn't get the send off he deserves. Williamson is a sickener but again another victim of the previous incumbent. 

Glad to see the others go, amazed King is potentially hanging around. Wouldn't be surprised to see some others move on to better or more interesting offers.

Fingers crossed the manager has a few aces up his sleeve.

I went to your website the other day to check something out, page wasn't working so I saw this and felt the need to nip in and congratulate such top-tier shithousery. Great work [emoji1433]df1dc2751441c189dc49ac6a3f5f5517.jpg

Apologies for double post, but using your website breaking down to have a dig at another team is excellent, even by Scottish football standards. I told my pal who lives in Alloa, he said he used to go to those games and there was some atmosphere, is there a big rivalry with you guys and Stirling?

9 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Apologies for double post, but using your website breaking down to have a dig at another team is excellent, even by Scottish football standards. I told my pal who lives in Alloa, he said he used to go to those games and there was some atmosphere, is there a big rivalry with you guys and Stirling?

Used to be the local derby. Maybe been replaced by Falkirk these days. I remember fondly the season when Andy Graham's Stirling and us were going for the League 1 title (1st Division). They pipped us on the final day after winning about 5 games in hand. Honestly, though, that was the last time they were relevant to us. They've spent the majority of the last decade in League 2 whereas we've been in the Championship. Hence the amusing 404 page.