The Alloa Athletic Thread

Don't know much about Ross's style of play, but hoping he is competition/cover for big Sammon. 

I see we've signed goalie Peter (PJ) Morrison from Motherwell too. Probably just decent cover for Hutton.

Edited by printer

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2022/02/28/morrison-maciver-make-late-loans/?fbclid=IwAR0qAMXxn0v3qgOUxH0drX-xvkTQWqGgYOZy3SpGHbTFJGvywJvkPWjNtvQ

Good to see BR getting another keeper in to give us an option too, can't be bad . was glaringly obvious we needed another keeper in 

which seemed to escape the realisation of the last manager we had .

5 minutes ago, printer said:

Don't know much about Ross's style of play, but hoping he is competition/cover for big Sammon. 

I see we've signed goalie Peter (PJ) Morrison from Motherwell too. Probably just decent cover for Hutton.

He wins a lot of headers for a guy who isn't especially tall (he's about 5'11 / 6'0) but if he gets a free header in the box he seemed to head it anywhere but on target. Can't fault him for effort either but he doesn't look like a goalscorer. 

Was surprised when we signed him after we got promoted given his performances in league 1, suppose it was a fairly low risk punt but it hasn't worked out and I would think with his contract up in the summer he's played his last game for us. 

1 hour ago, printer said:

Morrison is excellent. Saw him a few times during previous loans at Cowdenbeath, Falkirk and Albion Rovers. IMO better than Hutton. Great piece of business, youth being reignited at the Recs, wow!!

2 hours ago, printer said:

Morrison is a significantly better keeper than Hutton and I'll be shocked if he's not your first choice. 

7 hours ago, moses1924 said:

Going to come along to the Recs on Saturday, do you need to get a ticket before hand or is is pay at the gate, any covid passport stuff on the go? Thanks.

You can pay at turnstile mate, and no passport checks unless it's a bigger game.

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

You can pay at turnstile mate, and no passport checks unless it's a bigger game.

Did away fans have to buy online as I did since I could not see any mention of patg info? I thought it strange as I was sure I paid in at the last game Maybe a change to a phone ticket will see us reverse that defeat! It will be a tough challenge again.

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Did away fans have to buy online as I did since I could not see any mention of patg info? I thought it strange as I was sure I paid in at the last game Maybe a change to a phone ticket will see us reverse that defeat! It will be a tough challenge again.

Theres an option for both e-ticket and pay at gate.

E-ticket here

Alloa Athletic v Airdrieonians - Alloa Athletic FC

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

3 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

if you buy the e ticket it speeds thing up a good bit at the turnstyle , less time queuing .

I can't imagine much of a queue on Saturday but I have the e-ticket anyway. Will be interesting to see who gets in quicker. It is curious that the website did not seem to suggest PATG but maybe I needed better specs.

14 hours ago, Waspy said:

Not from my experience.

Only if you've been to the Falkirk game when the 600 people in the checkout at once caused it to crash before kickoff. 

Pay at the gate is on borrowed time so you're better familiarising yourself now.

On 02/03/2022 at 23:28, moses1924 said:

Going to come along to the Recs on Saturday, do you need to get a ticket before hand or is is pay at the gate, any covid passport stuff on the go? Thanks.

You better get an increase in your pocket money as they charge £18 for admission!!!

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹