The Alloa Athletic Thread

4 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

Where are you hearing this,if so bye bye Mike,another poor appointment.This better not be the case.We deserve better.

Alloas not a big place mate- folk know people and news travels.

Whether you think the hotly rumoured guy will be a success or not, curious to the reasoning as to why we deserve better than a guy who was managing in the Scottish Prem a season ago.

Rice would be ok with me , he knows how to make a club survive with less of a budget 

we could do worse . we are not going to get much better for what we are  .

QOTS are after him as well apparently so he may be talking to both clubs 

he also wanted the falkirk job before they appointed rennie

Edited by Vegetableman

15 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

News to me that I'm announcing anyone.

Not got your press conference invite yet? Just got mine emailed over 🙂

No rush anyway, with the standard once a season Dumbarton away match postponement imminent on Saturday.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Not got your press conference invite yet? Just got mine emailed over 🙂

No rush anyway, with the standard once a season Dumbarton away match postponement imminent on Saturday.

Ah I've just had a phone call from the new man. Ian Black is really enthusiastic about the job.

3 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Rice would be ok with me , he knows how to make a club survive with less of a budget 

we could do worse . we are not going to get much better for what we are  .

QOTS are after him as well apparently so he may be talking to both clubs 

he also wanted the falkirk job before they appointed rennie

We apparently want him as an assistant for Willie Gibson, so I’d imagine that if you guys are giving him the top job then he’ll head your way. 

10 hours ago, printer said:

Given our league position, we need someone experienced to come in and be able to come in quickly (if MM can't persuade AG).

If it's Rice he ticks both of those boxes.

With the obvious exception of Queen's Park who are blundering on without a manager, every other club in League One has a more experienced manager than Brian Rice.

29 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

With the obvious exception of Queen's Park who are blundering on without a manager, every other club in League One has a more experienced manager than Brian Rice.

Thanks for that insight, m8.

IF it is Brian Rice it's a bit underwhelming BUT when you're third bottom of the third tier in Scottish football you're not the most "attractive" employer.

Edited by vespa

I think we need a little perspective here. We are a team struggling in league 1 and we may be employing a manager who was managing in the premier league just last year with okay results, on a limited budget and who also likes to promote youth where possible.
If he does get the job, let's give him full backing. Things can only get better, maybe not immediately, but in the longer term.