The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 11/02/2022 at 13:42, Hampden Diehard said:

To be pedantic, there are still two Junior leagues and the Scottish Junior Cup chunders on.  But you knew what he meant.

In the Senior pyramid though.

The Junior Cup is now a joke of a competition, totally without merit.

As bad as we were the refereeing decisions absolutely gifted that to Easy Fife. Baffling. First goal from the indirect free kick from the back pass, Andy Graham was pulled back around the neck and should have been an Alloa free kick. The penalty, almost as bad as the dive previously in midfield. Conned. Henderson’s red card, never a red. Him and keeper going for a ball that was there to be won. The two footed studs up challenge their player was yellow carded for was much worse. Still, we were not good enough and I agree with most Alloa fans, Ferguson needs to f**k off and take his backroom team with him. Mulraney was nowhere to be seen most of the second half, he knows what needs to be done with that dafty in the dug out. The amount of empty seats at full time in the stand shows what the fans feel.

Utter dross. 

Set up so negative at home to bottom of the league and a side that are quite honestly rubbish. Did our usual sitting back after scoring a goal and couldn’t grudge East Fife being at least level at the break - they controlled the first half after our goal. 

You see some poor refereeing at this level but that performance today was an utter disgrace. It’s the first time I’ve watched a game and genuinely believed the official had a bet on the outcome. 

Im passed looking at Ferguson to walk away, he’s clueless and not cut out for management, but can’t resign as he will be finished. It’s on Mike now. He hired him and he has the power to get rid of him. Until he does, this mess is on him. 

10 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Utter dross. 

Set up so negative at home to bottom of the league and a side that are quite honestly rubbish. Did our usual sitting back after scoring a goal and couldn’t grudge East Fife being at least level at the break - they controlled the first half after our goal. 

You see some poor refereeing at this level but that performance today was an utter disgrace. It’s the first time I’ve watched a game and genuinely believed the official had a bet on the outcome. 

Im passed looking at Ferguson to walk away, he’s clueless and not cut out for management, but can’t resign as he will be finished. It’s on Mike now. He hired him and he has the power to get rid of him. Until he does, this mess is on him. 

Not much sour grapes there sometimes you just have to take defeat on the chin. Blaming everyone else other than your own deficiencies is short sighted. 

3 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Not much sour grapes there sometimes you just have to take defeat on the chin. Blaming everyone else other than your own deficiencies is short sighted. 

I wouldn’t say that - you were good value for the win. Even with the decisions in the first half you deserved to be level at worst going in at half time. 

Well aware of our own deficiencies, you could take a look at any previous match threads as it’s been the same problems every week, that seem to be obvious to everyone accept the clown in our dugout. 

I'll be honest shocking refereeing. Red card was fair enough but the first half decision less so.

Hutton's had a howler and we've been rank rotten the rest of it. It's difficult to do commentary when you know the goal isn't coming.
Sorry I have to disagree about the red card it was right in front of us & was never a red also their penalty was a joke but if Barry doesn't get the sack after Tuesday night & then today we are in a very desturbing situation

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

How inevitable was that.

Ten points off promotion now, Barry. Better hope Queen's Park lose that game in hand or folk will start saying we might not make it.

To quote the great Billy Connolly in The Crucifixion. 

Promotium

My Arseium 

I think I've actually got past the point of getting pissed off at the manager now.

It's the chairman who's annoying me most of all. It's as though he's refusing to admit he made a poor appointment in BF, and as such will sit on his hands like he did with Maitland.

We're an absolute joke.

After basically a perfect start, that was one of the worst performances of the season, and there's been plenty. Stood off East Fife far too often and while I felt the penalty was harsh, the goal was deserved and had been coming for about half an hour at that point. Wasn't sure about the pass-back but Hutton could easily have just launched it and there would have been no issue, totally avoidable. Second half was an embarrassment with just hopeful long balls to a 5ft 6 winger playing up front and very little creativity and ideas.

Why the manager continually picks 3 holding midfielders with no creativity, while leaving our best holding midfielder on the bench and putting our 2 most creative players on either wings and leaving them totally isolated is beyond me. Just leads to us totally bypassing Cawley and Scougall and punting the ball and hoping for the best. 

IMO we're now at the point where if Mulraney doesn't sack him then the blame for this disaster of a season shifts from Ferguson to Mulraney - the writing has been on the wall for weeks/months, and action is now needed imminently if we're to rescue this shambles.  

Think you’ll find the penalty was for a blatant elbow in the face if you employ that tactic you’re asking the referee to make a decision. Defenders more often than not get away with it at set plays but now and again the ref will ping them 

It was a penalty. A number of refs continue to turn a blind eye to this if it takes place while defending a corner. The red card incident would benefit from a number of video camera angles, which I don't think we're going to get. The referee did however seem well placed to give it, as did the stand side assistant. 

I’ll wait and see the highlights before agreeing with the penalty decision. If it was anything like the blatant dive earlier by either 22 or 23 in the middle then no pen. Durnham has a boy wrestle him to the ground in your box and also dived for a header with your player going with him with a grip of his shirt. Both seemed more of a penalty to me. Your boy diving in two footed, studs up and getting a yellow was also far worse than Hendersons challenge on the keeper. Even your first goal was a foul on Big Andy , he was pulled back round neck/shoulder before the pass back catastrophe. We were bad today, no getting away for that but you’ll never get all the refs decisions like that again. Officials were atrocious today.

I’m afraid to break it to you Alloa guys but when you are in Leagues one and two you are going to come up against shitty referees oftener than not. We have had a large share of them so far this season. So wipe away the tears and get on with it.