The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, RosspCfc said:

I am genuinely sad that another club has appointed Ferguson and seeing him do exactly the same things he did with us. Break up a team with personal vendettas, bring in duds, have dreadful results but too arrogant to see he is miles out his depth. Hope you guys get out of the mire you're in (not at our expense obviously) and you can move on from that idiot and his pal.

This.Mike is as much as Ferguson at fault for our situation,no doubt about it.He employed Ferguson,he's watching what the fans are,it's impossible that both parties aren't of the same opinion,it's as plain as day.This should have been dealt with months ago,and yet here we are,in another wasted transfer window,and heading in one direction only,league two.Utterly putrid football,with several good players treated very,very poorly whilst his own complete duds have had cash wasted on them.Fans have been betrayed, forgotten and ignored.Shameful.Not a single penny of mine,and i'm sure others will be heading for Alloa coffers next season.The anger i have felt this year made me bin my season ticket,as my language at times was terrible,and with my young son with me i was utterly ashamed.So now i don't go,but still get angry with whats happening to my club.Just go Ferguson,just go.

Edited by Alloa 68

On 29/01/2022 at 11:57, Waspie said:

I thought last week showed once more that what remains of the spine of our old team is still easily our best option: Taggart, Graham, Robertson, Cawley, Trouten and Scougall. 

But remember, Waspie, the players we had were "used to losing" and the "culture needed changed".

Looking at the names you've listed, imagine anyone with half a brain actually thinking that....

7 minutes ago, printer said:

But remember, Waspie, the players we had were "used to losing" and the "culture needed changed".

Looking at the names you've listed, imagine anyone with half a brain actually thinking that....

The problem in the championship was we couldn't score. Much the same this year to be fair. The difference is the team last year had youth, spirit and a bond that has been dismantled, player by player. Amazing that BF's wife is a mind Dr and hasn't explained the workings of the mind and negativity effects to him!

13 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

The problem in the championship was we couldn't score.

Same as it ever was TBH.

As well as having a tight defence, I see that Arbroath are top scorers in the Championship so far this season. Witchcraft. It's not natural.

It is a nightmare scenario for the fans.

What chairman in thier right mind would watch while the club/team disintegrates slowly in front of them without doing anything about it ? even season ticket holders are threatening to stay away (for thier own well being) so what does that say about pay at the gate fans ?

it is criminal letting this happen good money down the drain 

so much for football is nothing without the fans , fans cash however might just sway it 

doubt it though .

Ferguson in the advertiser saying that if Henderson isn’t back by the end of the week then he’ll have to look elsewhere as we only have one striker. Why has this taken so long to get a plan B together? Henderson not returning is hardly going to be a massive shock seeing as he’s been very good for us in a very poor season, I don’t see why he would want to return, so you would think we would’ve had a second option available. Obviously not.

Ferguson clearly hasn't a clue and it's time to get him out now. The problem is is that Mulraney isn't man enough to admit he made a mistake in appointing him and so won't do anything. Has he not learned from the previous times the board left it too long with a manager who wasn't getting results (Hendrie - second time around, and Maitland's last season in charge). We are on a downward slide to League Two and there's no way of stopping it as long as Ferguson is in charge. As he said himself, no wins in ten league games is not good enough so he should do the decent thing and just go. 

3 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

We are cutting it close for any big name transfer or loans deals. Never even read a rumour or two. So depressing!!

Maybe the chairman has told the manager he isn't getting anymore cash which may imply the light bulb is brightening!🤞

2 hours ago, AlloaAdam said:

Ferguson in the advertiser saying that if Henderson isn’t back by the end of the week then he’ll have to look elsewhere as we only have one striker. Why has this taken so long to get a plan B together? Henderson not returning is hardly going to be a massive shock seeing as he’s been very good for us in a very poor season, I don’t see why he would want to return, so you would think we would’ve had a second option available. Obviously not.

Give the man a break. There are only so many hours left in the week after the columns and interviews about his real club are completed.

2 hours ago, AlloaAdam said:

We would have to go back into the loan market to replace Henderson if he doesnt return you would think- which can be done post deadline day. I dont see why Henderson wouldnt want to return- particularly going by comments hes made in the past about his experience at the club. Hes playing pretty much every week, scoring goals and generally showing up well.

21 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

The manager perhaps!?

EXACTLY.

Much as it hurts to say this BUT if I were a player Alloa is the last place I'd agree to go on loan. Who, in their right mind, would want to be associated with disorganised chaos.

46 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

We would have to go back into the loan market to replace Henderson if he doesnt return you would think- which can be done post deadline day. I dont see why Henderson wouldnt want to return- particularly going by comments hes made in the past about his experience at the club. Hes playing pretty much every week, scoring goals and generally showing up well.

Yeah can see the positives for him if he was coming back, more meant it in the sense he could easily be playing championship football or for a team higher up in our league who are winning more often than us and are a more free-flowing attacking team. Can see Partick Thistle taking him now they've lost Rudden.

Edited by AlloaAdam

22 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Yeah can see the positives for him if he was coming back, more meant it in the sense he could easily be playing championship football or for a team higher up in our league who are winning more often than us and are a more free-flowing attacking team. Can see Partick Thistle taking him now they've lost Rudden.

He played for hearts at the start of the year so he can only play for hearts or alloa now, hopefully goes in our favour as no benefit to him or hearts him rotting in the stands