The Alloa Athletic Thread

First half was poorest I've seen us, 2nd was best I've seen us this season. Unfortunately, If we don't get a no9 in before the window closes then all I see is relegation playoffs. The chances in the 2nd half should have been finished, no excuses.
To go this length of time without a league win and there not to be serious discussions about replacing the management team would be a blunder by the chairman. Unfortunately, managers are based on positive results and we aren't getting any.

BOOM! Well I said I wasn't gonna travel to watch this team with the present management earlier in the season but blind hope got the better of me. 

Now that I've thawed out and my blood pressure is back at a normal level I can voice a more liberal opinion of our present situation. 

For those with optimism after last week I sincerely hope reality is now kicking in. I knew nothing had changed but kept quiet. Any player with a wee team playing one of the OF live on tv under floodlights will raise their game, it's human nature who wouldn't be buoyed by that. Celtic didn't even move out first gear.

For those thinking it was a performance of tactical genius please wake up now. We sat deep, stormed into tackles and tried to hit on the counter, just what we've done all season!!

This manager has lost so many games, the majority of fans and I'm pretty sure respect of players. He came with nothing other than his reputation as a great player. He bought his way from the LL. He has dismantled a nucleus of seasoned championship pros and brought in absolute dross. He has shipped one of the best keepers we have ever had and a young centre half that had good potential. Most fans mention our LB problem, we had one but I hear today he's away to Berwick having never played in the first team this year. I also hear he tried to have O 'Donnell moved on!!! Unreal and if he wasn't the manager I 'd suggest unbelievable.

Nunerous refusals to come to our club, not due to the club as we all know it has had a tremendous reputation but due to our manager.

A very, very sad and unacceptable situation. As was said in the House of Commons this week, Mr Ferguson "for the grace of god just go" FFS, please.

Yesterday reminded me of the last days of the second Tom Hendrie era  for us. So predictable and the outcome was written on the wall despite having some decent players there. 

I have seen Parry save Clyde 6 points now in the games against us. I haven't seen our keeper save us anything yet . Parry was always decent for probably saving us 10-15 points over a campaign. 

Actually one bright spot yesterday was young Daniel Church who has been improving since getting a run in the team .  An absolute kick in the bollocks with the rest and to think we have lost 3 times to a team as poor as Clyde . A lot of unfit looking blokes in that line up for them and still good enough to win . A new low . 

We are down as there are not two poorer teams than us over the final games . 5 wins out of 22 . Simply depressed. 

36 minutes ago, Oweny said:

We are down as there are not two poorer teams than us over the final games . 5 wins out of 22 . Simply depressed.

If we somehow contrive to finish below East Fife, that ought to be enough to prevent anyone employing Bazza in management again. Surely.

I don't know how tough this year's relegation play-off will be. It doesn't look like anyone below Kelty is in particularly outstanding form.

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

If we somehow contrive to finish below East Fife, that ought to be enough to prevent anyone employing Bazza in management again. Surely.

I don't know how tough this year's relegation play-off will be. It doesn't look like anyone below Kelty is in particularly outstanding form.

BF will never be employed by another league club, no matter the outcome. He is not a liked or respected individual by many.

24 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

BF will never be employed by another league club, no matter the outcome. He is not a liked or respected individual by many.

He's a modern day Derek Johnstone, useless at management but will always be perfect for a West of Scotland media pundit job to talk about the Old Firm. He'll not quit this job as manager as it would put his best mate back in his ice cream van.  

Still think he'll get a shot at his big club sometime when they've sacked an absolute shitemare of a manager and need a Good Rangers Man to get the crowd back on side.

It might work out for him; it's a difficult job to fail at.

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Still think he'll get a shot at his big club sometime when they've sacked an absolute shitemare of a manager and need a Good Rangers Man to get the crowd back on side.

It might work out for him; it's a difficult job to fail at.

No danger. The Rangers fans I know can't stand him either and his record will mean they won't touch him wi a barge pole.

I also thought the Cawley sub was weird, I was sure Boyd would be the one making way. O'Donnell did make us better when he came on to be fair.

To be fair I think O’Donnell has shown more than enough to be given more time on the pitch than Bazza gives him.

Our tactical changes during games are constantly bamboozling and 90% of time do not impact on the game.

Ice cream Bob has his tactical flip chart in the dugout with him but it never seems to be used, maybe just a prop to make him look like he knows what he’s doing. giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

To be fair I think O’Donnell has shown more than enough to be given more time on the pitch than Bazza gives him.

Our tactical changes during games are constantly bamboozling and 90% of time do not impact on the game.

Ice cream Bob has his tactical flip chart in the dugout with him but it never seems to be used, maybe just a prop to make him look like he knows what he’s doing. giphy.gif

It’s just a notepad for scribbling the ‘Thots of Boab’ in crayon

49 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Sadly that vessel looks more seaworthy than our sinking ship. Don't think Boab would be using that colour either. 

27 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

It’s just a notepad for scribbling the ‘Thots of Boab’ in crayon

A purple crayon too ! for getting the colour of the knob who stands in front of him right 

Seriously the actions of a man under pressure is how i saw it yesterday

we and he knows this is his last gig , there will be no turnaround , recovery , miracle  we are where we are 

for rightful reasons . The new signing as a clyde fan noted will certainly not improve our lot 

he is mediocre in a mediocre setup . 

Barry ferguson never fitted in from the start ability and personality wise 

if he is allowed to be here till the season end 

i predict we will be in the Div2 playoff spot and most likely lose it 

no more sugar coating this team/management  or papering over the cracks 

the writing was on the wall long ago .

We won't get past the first play off game. This is 2011 all over again and we have learned nothing. Worst Alloa team since then.  No question. Even Danny's duds in 2015 were better than this and he played guys that were already established with us. 

Football management is supposed to be a results based game . We hear this constantly when managers are sacked. Seems it doesn't apply to our manager and it's  Either because he will be due a handsome severance package or otherwise we assume , to his glittering playing career. It's two separate jobs though. 

I am genuinely sad that another club has appointed Ferguson and seeing him do exactly the same things he did with us. Break up a team with personal vendettas, bring in duds, have dreadful results but too arrogant to see he is miles out his depth. Hope you guys get out of the mire you're in (not at our expense obviously) and you can move on from that idiot and his pal.

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

the Fans of the other teams are wetting themselves laughing at the club in the same disbelief that he is still here .

damage limitation is an unspoken word in mike's dictionary it seems .

It would be a hell of a leap to go from "absolutely brilliant...I think he's doing a great job" to realising there's a problem that needs to be dealt with!

The best we can hope for is a mutual parting of ways at the end of the season, with Mike making a public apology for the club not meeting Bazza's high standards.