The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 23/01/2022 at 11:17, Magic Hat said:

They should have been put out not moved, to discourage this happening again, we already had their money. 

Best of luck getting the stewards to tackle these fucktards and put them out for their £10 an hour.  It's just what happens when the OF are in town.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

13 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Hugh Keevins told me we will be in League 2 next season and I'm being called a Rangers fan on twitter. Silly season.

on another forum i was called out as a rangers supporter  W>A>S>P  ( white anglo saxon protestant BTW if one does not know)  because it was in my  username  ,  its the way they think unfortunately .

3 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

on another forum i was called out as a rangers supporter  W>A>S>P  ( white anglo saxon protestant BTW if one does not know)  because it was in my  username  ,  its the way they think unfortunately .

Is a clover a vegetable? Switching sides is a lynching offence.

27 minutes ago, Craigy said:

Wouldn’t pay too much attention to the moonhowlers on Clyde. The always “neutral “ Hugh Keevins was slating Rangers last week for the audacity to question Clancy’s refereeing but this week is questioning if Saturday’s ref has to quote him “an agenda with Celtic” which needs to be looked at.

As for the game itself, are we just meant to sit back and applaud them as they run rings around us? The only chance we had was to be aggressive and in their faces, yes Sena could have been a red but the Celtic player shat out the challenge and made it worst than it should have been. The McGregor incident was accidental and as others have said the other injury was innocuous, the whole thing seems to be have stoked up by the MSM, in my opinion I don’t thing across the whole football spectrum has Saturdays performance damaged our reputation in any way. We gave them a better game than many in the SPL this season. 

Oh i do think its all a bit unfair in general .

Some ridiculous comments on SSB and in the media today. No mention of McCarthy’s foul on Sena too, pretty much off the ball, to leave his mark. Not ideal to be thrown in the middle of Celtic and Ranger’s witch-hunt for referees. However, it is an easy narrative for the media with a Ferguson team and the injuries. We were up for it, there was no malice or intent to hurt in our tactics. Of course you want to make it as uncomfortable and as awkward to play against when you face teams like Celtic. Sena in particular was excellent at it. I highlighted Rogic as the key man pre-game. Sena dealt with him very well I thought.

If the team need a catalyst to kick-start the season, last weekend and the aftermath is it. Take the siege mentality, whatever tactics you want, into Clyde and we have to come away with nothing less than a win. Hopefully a few bodies in by then too. 

I am almost certain we will not be playing League 2 football next season and I look forward to phoning Hugh when we do.

Edited by KierenAAFC

Standard. Any time a small club doesn't stand off Celtgers and let them rack up a cricket score, the tantrums are incredible.

Makes you wonder how much whining the Philistines did about David being allowed a slingshot.

Remember Hugh Keevins claimed racism was worse now than 60 years ago at the beginning of the season and made such an arse of himself he came out the next day to apologise. Whichever way the wind is blowing on the day he will take the counter argument to ham up the radio.

33 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

I am almost certain we will not be playing League 2 football next season

East fife do help our cause unfortunately for them 

i saw your responses to your  twitter , full meltdown ensuing , you certainly stirred a wasps nest there  🙂

i'll get my coat ...

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

East fife do help our cause unfortunately for them 

i saw your responses to your  twitter , full meltdown ensuing , you certainly stirred a wasps nest there  🙂

i'll get my coat ...

Yeah, I think we’ve got enough. I expect some reinforcements in. Trouten hopefully back and Scougall too will be a bonus. They made a difference on Saturday and I’d imagine fully fit, they’ll play more a part. 

Yep, quite the meltdown at the weekend. That tweet got like 100,000 impressions. I thought best grabbing a cup of tea and watch it all unfold. The old firm fans are a weird bunch. Such an easy bite. 

Interesting stuff.  But where Radio Clyde and Super Scoreboard is concerned we must always remember their primary aim of generating as big an audience as possible for their advertising investors.  And if that means on-air savaging of some low-hanging football fruit like Alloa or my own team then so be it, and to f**k with the truth, accuracy or fairness quotient.  It is thicko broadcasting for the hard of thinking, no more, and I'm glad none of you are rising to it.

Hugh Keevins is 113 3/4.

39 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Yeah, I think we’ve got enough. I expect some reinforcements in. Trouten hopefully back and Scougall too will be a bonus. They made a difference on Saturday and I’d imagine fully fit, they’ll play more a part. 

Yep, quite the meltdown at the weekend. That tweet got like 100,000 impressions. I thought best grabbing a cup of tea and watch it all unfold. The old firm fans are a weird bunch. Such an easy bite. 

My record is 3.1 million. Generating outrage is the easiest way to get eyes.

9 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

The weird thing about it is that your tweet was in absolutely no way shape or form provocative.

We've now had it with Rangers with the Huntly episode in the programme (still the worst/best for outrage), Hearts and Celtic with their fanbases completely losing their minds over our wee club. Think we must be doing something right.

In a more positive light, Saturdays performance seems to have galvanised and united the fanbase a bit. If we can take Saturdays performance into the league (and that's still a big if) along with Trouts getting back fit and playing- maybe, just maybe we can turn this season around.

It's not a red card IMO. Yellow was the correct decision. If it hadn't been Celtic we would have heard very little about it from pundits or on social media, which is what is driving the discussion/hysteria. I wouldn't pay ANY attention to what pundits say on pretty much any refereeing decision, they have agendas, but more importantly have no clue.

Watching tackles in slow motion confuses the issue IMO and often makes a tackle look worse than it is.