The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 minute ago, Vegetableman said:

I was going to sponsor a match ball before the covid thing hit , is this coming back in its original format in any way ?  (if you don't know its not a problem ) 🙂

I honestly don't know. What did you get for a match ball sponsor?

Its probably something I can add on the website like player sponsorship. I can make things but it's very difficult to keep on top of everything when I get busy.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

I honestly don't know. What did you get for a match ball sponsor?

Its probably something I can add on the website like player sponsorship. I can make things but it's very difficult to keep on top of everything when I get busy.

2 tickets for the game , onto the pitch at the start i think,  ,tour of the stand ? can't remember now 🤫

2 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:
10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Keep calm, it will all work out.

Thanks although I have to admit my life will be easy tomorrow, I hope. Premier are providing a feed and we're streaming to wasp TV with a bit of commentary. I will keep twitter/website updated from the press box. Beyond that I'm spare.

Fair play to Robert and the GM because they're the ones losing the real sleep. 

1 minute ago, Vegetableman said:

2 tickets for the game , onto the pitch at the start i think,  ,tour of the stand ? can't remember now 🤫

Probably still an issue with wandering around with covid. Signed match ball in a plinth and a pie at half time😅

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Thanks although I have to admit my life will be easy tomorrow, I hope. Premier are providing a feed and we're streaming to wasp TV with a bit of commentary. I will keep twitter/website updated from the press box. Beyond that I'm spare.

Fair play to Robert and the GM because they're the ones losing the real sleep. 

I would think there will be policing to be paid for as well ? or just extra security 

i think there may be some away fans in the home end that might get interesting later 

don't think the club will make that much money on it all .

just don't let BF spaff it on a jobber please  mike 🙂

3 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

I would think there will be policing to be paid for as well ? or just extra security 

i think there may be some away fans in the home end that might get interesting later 

I'd imagine they'd need additional bodies to do the covid spot checks too. 

2 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I'd imagine they'd need additional bodies to do the covid spot checks too. 

Yeah that too , which brings a bit of chaos , i hope the sellick fans get out of the pub sooner rather than later 

@LeodhasXD get yer oil can out for the rusty unused turnstiles .

I remember  a hearts match where  the Hearts fans attacked the cowshed end (just uncovered terracing then)

the sight of alloa fans  (quite outnumbered ) piling over the fence into the hilton road 

Ah those were the days , i think the game was abandoned when we were 1 -0 up ?

15 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Yeah there is all that. Lots of stewards, Celtic helping out with that too. Plenty of police no doubt although I'm not sure it'll be the police horses like the Rangers games, I remember the first Alloa Rangers game was complete overkill.

17 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Hospitality, covid vaccination status, general logistics.  

BBC came in, after not asking for any press access, we phoned them to check and we got 'we have the rights to 6 staff to attend' they all need to sit together. 

As you can imagine in a sellout fixture this is absolutely tearing the arse out of common courtesy.

The Beeb making friends and influencing people, as ever these days  :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

If we're lucky, it could become quite entertaining.

I remember a number of people in the home end outing their loyalties when the other cheek went 2-0 up against us in a cup game. The exodus that started about 25 minutes later was most amusing  :P

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

The Beeb making friends and influencing people, as ever these days  :rolleyes:

If we're lucky, it could become quite entertaining.

I remember a number of people in the home end outing their loyalties when the other cheek went 2-0 up against us in a cup game. The exodus that started about 25 minutes later was most amusing  :P

The lack of cheering in the home end when we scored tonight was a big giveaway .

We were going mental in the press box though. Absolutely loved big Sena smashing Celtic about although I felt for the 'Guchi. I think if we play football like we did in the final 15 minutes we should be well clear of the bottom. But it's back to reality against Clyde, (Falkirk), and Peterhead. Need to bring some consistency.

7 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

We were going mental in the press box though. Absolutely loved big Sena smashing Celtic about although I felt for the 'Guchi. I think if we play football like we did in the final 15 minutes we should be well clear of the bottom. But it's back to reality against Clyde, (Falkirk), and Peterhead. Need to bring some consistency.

Always the way, isn't it? We tend to play out of our skin against big sides in the cup.

You sure Mike doesn't stump up for some illicit substances for these games?

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Always the way, isn't it? We tend to play out of our skin against big sides in the cup.

You sure Mike doesn't stump up for some illicit substances for these games?

It's all the horse tranquilisers that we take normally that's bringing us down.

Lets not get carried away. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

A thrashing avoided (thankfully), hopefully good for confidence but lets remember Celtic probably didn't move to 2nd gear. We raised our game for the situation which hasn't reflected on our consistency level all season. Bread and butter league results are what counts. Next few games will realistically define the path ahead.

It was a good effort by the team and they can be proud of their efforts. Assume Robbo wasn't fit to start otherwise that was a poor call. He did well when he came on, as did Trouts and Scougall. Been saying this for months, but play Andy and Durnan CB (and Howie capable of slotting in there too), Robbo and Senna CM, then three from Trouten, Scougall, Cawley and Boyd behind a striker and we have a really good team. Will that happen? Probably not.

But a really good effort from the team and with a wee bit of luck at the end might even have gone to extra time. Recs looked great with the big crowd 😍

I thought it was a great effort last night . We were always carrying a threat and forced Hart into making saves . 

We stuck at it and certainly gave them a fright with Scougal ,Trouten and Robertson came on. A good night's work but it's actually a bigger game for us next week .