The Alloa Athletic Thread

58 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

The whole Footysab thing is batsh*t crazy, and I love it. 

Yeah I agree. It was a cool wee story about him sponsoring Steven Boyd because of Kyogo and now the cup tie and the other Japanese players adds to that. And as he says himself, it's a good opportunity to show the beauty of the Recs to the world 😉. Fair play to him. 

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

Yeah I agree. It was a cool wee story about him sponsoring Steven Boyd because of Kyogo and now the cup tie and the other Japanese players adds to that. And as he says himself, it's a good opportunity to show the beauty of the Recs to the world 😉. Fair play to him. 

Pre season tour to the orient by demand of the massive Japanese fanbase...sounds good to me.

On 17/01/2022 at 19:25, Magic Hat said:

What a cringe worthy article, an absolute embarrassment.

To use the world brilliant anywhere near that management team is a joke.

Absolutely sycophantic nonsense from Mulraney. 

Totally agree. Mulraney has totally lost the plot if the things the management team is doing anything near what can be described as a good job. Given the players BF inherited, and the budget he was given, the team should be doing much better than it is.

To be fair to Mulraney, he has run the club well, but given that he can't see that things are clearly not working with the current management team, it shows that his one failing is not being big enough to own up to his mistakes, and to do something to fix them. 

16 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

Ferguson will be hoping for a nice reception from away support Saturday evening

well he will get just as nice a reception from us as well most likely , he would be best watching it on the telly 

we might play better too .

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/product/wasp-tv-on-the-road/

Now updated with the Celtic game - 

@KierenAAFCand myself are ready. 

I believe the competition will be Ally McCoist who may be turning out on Premier Sports

Rob McLean, Michael Stewart and Packie Bonner on BBC Scotland so avoid that like the plague.

Edited by LeodhasXD

11 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/product/wasp-tv-on-the-road/

Now updated with the Celtic game - 

@KierenAAFCand myself are ready. 

I believe the competition will be Ally McCoist who may be turning out on Premier Sports

Rob McLean, Michael Stewart and Packie Bonner on BBC Scotland so avoid that like the plague.

It'll be great to have Ally back in Alloa. We all have such great memories of his last visit.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

No caps for Mendy  :(

Can't blame them, but still.

To be fair, most of their defenders in the squad played in the top league in Portugal, so its no real surprise. It was always a long shot.

I think his best chance came in the Sudan game. Had they scored that penalty he may been thrown on to flood the backline and see the game out. Unfortunately it was an absolute catalogue of errors and his chance probably disappeared after that.

If they had nothing to play for in final game he may also have got on, but with best placed third place teams also progressing, that was unlikely unless they were hammered in their first 2 games.