The Alloa Athletic Thread

Mulraney must have finally lost the plot.Thankfully i no longer have to watch the turgid offerings handed out to us on a Saturday as my season ticket is now gone,as is my son's.I't's pathetic reading,and uttery ludicrous to suggest that this manager is brilliant,in any way shape or form.I had hoped he'd be gone in a week or two,but Ferguson is clearly going nowhere.Quite apt really as neither are we,well only league 2.I will quite easily find something to keep myself busy with at the weekend with my family.I really hope things turn around for you guys that will still be going to games,i really do as Alloa fans deserve so much more.All the best guys.

That's the biggest load of drivel I've read since BF's drivel for the Daily Sevco.

Is MM & BF on a different plain than the fans?

If anyone would have told me we'd be hoping for 8th place in Div 1 this season id have laughed in their face.

Until MM's lovechild was made manager.

1 hour ago, laughing gravie said:

I've saved myself £54 since I decided I'll not be back at the Indodrill until BF & his Muppet assistant slam the door as they leave.

Saved myself a bit more than that......add in my fuel....a gallon each way to come to Alloa. New Years resolution....not coming back 'til BF well & truly gone.

I was expecting 'succulent lamb' era gushing pish from the press guys over Barry Ferguson all this week to be honest. I really expect him to be in the Everton betting by Friday.

The narrative fits a good news story in the Daily Rangers etc where it's comforting good news only .  It's a results business and 5 wins out of 21 just won't cut it . MM is not daft and defeats to our relegation rivals will only result in one outcome . Be assured of that . 

12 minutes ago, Oweny said:

I was expecting 'succulent lamb' era gushing pish from the press guys over Barry Ferguson all this week to be honest. I really expect him to be in the Everton betting by Friday.

The narrative fits a good news story in the Daily Rangers etc where it's comforting good news only .  It's a results business and 5 wins out of 21 just won't cut it . MM is not daft and defeats to our relegation rivals will only result in one outcome . Be assured of that . 

I wish I had your confidence in that Owen. He should have been punted already, especially as sacking him later gives a new manager no chance to change players until the summer. This is worse than Maitland's last season as at least he had us challenging for the title up until the new year collapse. If we do end up going down the blame rests with the chairman. 

Is that not a really strange article to be posting on the alloa website? I get that he has sponsored one of your players but he is clearly a Celtic fan and 99% of the article is him gushing about Celtic and their players.

Seems strange to me.

2 minutes ago, super-son said:

Is that not a really strange article to be posting on the alloa website? I get that he has sponsored one of your players but he is clearly a Celtic fan and 99% of the article is him gushing about Celtic and their players.

Seems strange to me.

deflects away from the crappy situation we are in , fan rebellion , mental dystrophy , and a general malaise at hilton road .

Tickets sold out this morning after half an hour of the general sale. A big queue seemingly with folk wearing celtic tops getting home end tickets. Was always going the case I suppose but only letting season ticket holders get 1 extra ticket was a mistake. Genuine Alloa fans will have missed out this morning I imagine. Also could've had tickets on sale on Saturday at the match.

35 minutes ago, super-son said:

Seems strange to me.

Previewing Celtic's new signings from someone who's followed their careers.

Also someone who's supporting the club by sponsoring a player and have got a friend from Japan to sponsor. Which to me is the absolute madness I want to encourage.

Turn it round and imagine if it was 4 Scottish boys in Japan. You want to publicise the Scottish interests in the game.

Edited by LeodhasXD