The Alloa Athletic Thread

6 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

they have been answered ...he said no !

Still absolutely pains me that day the way we lost that play off….and I still blame Stevie aitken for absolutely every bit of it. 

Proper football story stuff the fact that he let go Kirkpatrick one of our best and then the way he treated Fleming and Graham. For them to be stand out in that game and Kirkpatrick to score in the manner he did 

As a general football fan it was proper fairytale stuff but as a sons fan it was gut wrenching….not as gut wrenching as watching him destroy our team in league 1 though 🤣

4 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Still absolutely pains me that day the way we lost that play off….and I still blame Stevie aitken for absolutely every bit of it. 

Proper football story stuff the fact that he let go Kirkpatrick one of our best and then the way he treated Fleming and Graham. For them to be stand out in that game and Kirkpatrick to score in the manner he did 

As a general football fan it was proper fairytale stuff but as a sons fan it was gut wrenching….not as gut wrenching as watching him destroy our team in league 1 though 🤣

yeah we know how you feel partially anyway , for us see the Brechin playoff defeat a couple of seasons ago  pain is never far away  🙂

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-ferguson-celtic-bring-on-25956790?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Barry saying “We've lost a few players, and I need to go and try and get a few players in”

On my reconning we have only lost Gilmore back to his parent club, who is the others that have left

On 01/01/2022 at 10:16, Waspie said:

Unfortunately I think they will. It would be reasonable if there was hope of long term progress, as outlined above. But even if we were to get a short term boost with better results (and given the recruitment so far, the idea of major surgery this month is a little worrying), the long term problem of Ferguson just not being a good manager will remain. Keeping him on will just compound the error made in appointing him in the first place. 

Anyway, Happy New Year😁

Barry Ferguson:lol::lol::lol:

Happier New Year to you Waspie

25 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-ferguson-celtic-bring-on-25956790?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Barry saying “We've lost a few players, and I need to go and try and get a few players in”

On my reconning we have only lost Gilmore back to his parent club, who is the others that have left

🤣🤣🤣 he has actually lost the plot!🤣🤣🤣

I've been a supporter for more than 30 years and the animosity between fans and the football club management is something I have never seen. I feel so sad. I hope the chairman can see the damage it is doing to the community club and acting swiftly. My opinion, although of little consequence, is that my son's and I love the club but its becoming a place that is a chore to attend to watch boring football. Can I entice new people to come and watch, no way. Football is there to entertain and we aren't. Do the right thing and try a change [emoji1696]
Yeah unfortunately it's been a chore much of the time with the home games this season. There was the run of playing most of the 90 minutes a man down for a number of weeks, and other times when it's just not clicked at all. Falkirk and Airdrie wins aside, our best moments this season tend to have occurred on the road.

It's not really enjoyable at the moment. The atmosphere can be pretty toxic at times. Fans frustration is understandable to a point though, and the Dumbarton incident caused the majority of any sympathy I had for the manager to evaporate. There is a decent team in there though. The league table absolutely does not lie, but we have a reasonably good squad and should be doing a whole lot better than we are.

I think even 4th position is now a pipe dream for us, and just have to hope we can amass a few wins and get out of relegation danger. We've had more than enough good times over the past 10 years, so we just have to stick with it and ride it out. I'm sure it will get better, the guy in charge won't be here forever.

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Barry Ferguson:lol::lol::lol:

Happier New Year to you Waspie

We all knew it was a bizarre appointment at the time. Although to be fair, I didn't think he'd do quite as badly quite as quickly and I was keen to give him a chance. 

Your obsession with it is pretty bizarre too though. Bit like the mad Bonnyrigg fan who appears on here. The fans didn't set the prices and we didn't appoint Barry Ferguson. Gonna be a fun thread if you two meet in the play-offs. In the meantime, Happy New Year and good luck staying in the league. 

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

Henderson may have played his last game , it is all guesswork of course .  🙄

2 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Setting the tone for the week on Monday morning, no pressure!!!

Personally I'll take anything less than 5-0. Think that's the scorelines for our last two home games against Celtic 😂

Should have some fun content for the programme this week though. And having a packed stadium is always great.

Edited by LeodhasXD

3 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

The most worrying part of that article is that he is trying to bring players in. That should be the job of a new manager as he has done enough damage in one transfer window. Nice to see him not mention Rangers for once though, albeit he'll no doubt be recalling his favourite derby moments the rest of the week.

13 hours ago, Waspie said:

We all knew it was a bizarre appointment at the time. Although to be fair, I didn't think he'd do quite as badly quite as quickly and I was keen to give him a chance. 

Your obsession with it is pretty bizarre too though. Bit like the mad Bonnyrigg fan who appears on here. The fans didn't set the prices and we didn't appoint Barry Ferguson. Gonna be a fun thread if you two meet in the play-offs. In the meantime, Happy New Year and good luck staying in the league. 

That must be me you are referring to. I will be glad to wear that badge with pride, I hope it the size of a dustbin lid to fit on my chest at the moment. I am happy to have made my point about the admission fee at your club on this forum , it is no coincidence that many comments have followed my rant at the end of November. As a matter of interest how many home fans have bought a ticket for this Saturday? Think we know how it’s going to end BF losing his job👏👏👏 as a result of your team being relegated 😂😂😂

P.S. feel free to come on the Rose forum and make comment you’ll find it in the Lowland League section and we will welcome your thoughts on a well run friendly club with a good manager and great fans.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹