The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 10/01/2022 at 21:12, LeodhasXD said:

At least we're moving forwards off the pitch. With the 500 fan limit its a good a time as any to get away from this physical ticket business:

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2022/01/10/queens-park-how-to-watch/

How to Watch ?  through my fingers probably  😆 

how does the flow test work ,do you bring the result package ? how do we know who's test it is ?  seems odd .

12 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

how does the flow test work ,do you bring the result package ? how do we know who's test it is ?  seems odd .

Text from the government after you tell the government it's negative I would think.

10 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

You take a test, go to this site, scan the QR code on the test and declare the test result. They text you a confirmation you bring it to game and show the text. 

https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

41 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

You take a test, go to this site, scan the QR code on the test and declare the test result. They text you a confirmation you bring it to game and show the text. 

Thanks , was asking for someone else ( celtic fan i know ) i have had all my jabs and have the paper work     

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

So you can scan anybody's negative test as your own and that will be accepted? What is the point?

3 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

So you can scan anybody's negative test as your own and that will be accepted? What is the point?

Scottish Government rules mate, not mine and certainly not the clubs. It's been in place for a year now and been used for internationals, all through the Euros, concerts etc. Most people have been exposed to this through some way shape or form over the past year. I'd stop short of saying folk have been living under a rock if they don't have at least a basic awareness of this, but that's probably quite ignorant. Not far off the truth though.

I think the vast sensible majority if they tested, it came up positive , they wouldnt consider saying to hell with it I will cheat and go anyway, potentially infecting others around them.

And I'd imagine most will have their vaccination status up to date anyway.

9 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Scottish Government rules mate, not mine and certainly not the clubs. It's been in place for a year now and been used for internationals, all through the Euros, concerts etc. Most people have been exposed to this through some way shape or form over the past year. I'd stop short of saying folk have been living under a rock if they don't have at least a basic awareness of this, but that's probably quite ignorant. Not far off the truth though.

I think the vast sensible majority if they tested, it came up positive , they wouldnt consider saying to hell with it I will cheat and go anyway, potentially infecting others around them.

And I'd imagine most will have their vaccination status up to date anyway.

Wasn't having a go at you. I know you were trying to help. I just think the system is flawed and whilst I agree that the majority (not vast) will play by the rules there is a substantial block of numbskulls out there who will automatically rail against authority and think they can get one over the rule makers. Unfortunately a lot of those types frequent football matches, particularly two locations in Glasgow. Not Firhill I hasten to add.🤔😷

2 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Wasn't having a go at you. I know you were trying to help. I just think the system is flawed and whilst I agree that the majority (not vast) will play by the rules there is a substantial block of numbskulls out there who will automatically rail against authority and think they can get one over the rule makers. Unfortunately a lot of those types frequent football matches, particularly two locations in Glasgow. Not Firhill I hasten to add.🤔😷

Agree, the system isnt fool proof and without naming specific clubs fans 🤨 - if the pandemic has shown us one thing its that we should never underestimate the mindset of halfwits within society 🙂

In the match programme this week says we've missed out on a couple of targets to Championship clubs. Looks like Henderson and Sena staying, but Gilmour recalled as we know.

I think anyone expecting wholesale changes in this window with covid the way it is at the moment will be disappointed.  

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

3 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I think anyone expecting wholesale changes in this window with covid the way it is at the moment will be disappointed.  

Not least the manager, judging by what the Clyde & Kelty fans tell us  :P

30 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

In the match programme this week says we've missed out on a couple of targets to Championship clubs. Looks like Henderson and Sena staying, but Gilmour recalled as we know.

I'd be pretty happy with that, Henderson and Sena have certainly brought more to the team than Gilmour, albeit think we could get more out of them both still. 

That's a fair point about Covid. Suspect the scale of the manager's summer rebuild may also count against him here. We are carrying a pretty big squad already and he probably has to try and move some dodgy signings on to make space for more dodgy signings. 

Best we can do is get a good loan in , i don't think there is much out there that would  want to come to us as a non loan player 

BF needs to get the best out of what we have .. I wont be holding my breath .

Polishing a Turd | Squire to the Giants

Edited by Vegetableman

I'd Barry Ferguson really our manager or us it a name merely on paper for tax reasons?

I for one have seen very little evidence that he shows the traits a manager should have at this level.

The punch up at the Dunbarton game merely indicates he is no more than a supporter with s decent seat to watch matches.

I've been a supporter for more than 30 years and the animosity between fans and the football club management is something I have never seen. I feel so sad. I hope the chairman can see the damage it is doing to the community club and acting swiftly. My opinion, although of little consequence, is that my son's and I love the club but its becoming a place that is a chore to attend to watch boring football. Can I entice new people to come and watch, no way. Football is there to entertain and we aren't. Do the right thing and try a change [emoji1696]