The Alloa Athletic Thread

7 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Absolutely no chance Ferguson will turn our season around, doesn’t have a clue tactically. Only plus point is we’re still only 6 points off the play offs, punt him and give a new manager January to put his stamp on it.

What playoffs do you mean?

The recruitment was strange from the start and looked worryingly like the work of a man with no real plan. That is reflected in the team too, loads of really good players but no clear vision of how it's supposed to come together. I said a while back I couldn't see the club ever doing as well as they should under this management team, but I did suspect that there was more than enough individual ability in the squad that they'd keep collecting enough points to paper over the cracks and keep any significant pressure off the management. It would appear not. 

He’s had half a season, get him and the rest of his brain-trust binned. 

From spending a bucketload on dross, treating long serving players with disdain, alienating supporters and trying to have a square go with them, persisting on selecting players who aren’t performing, to his complete inability to make a tactical change during a game or even make a sub. 

Persisting with 1 up top against Bonnyrigg, East Fife and Clyde is a nonsense. 

20 points from 17 games is way below par, and despite being 6 points off the playoffs at the top, it’s not inconceivable that we will be sitting in 8th this time next week. 

Needs rid of now before he wastes more money (and the cup revenue) in January. 

An absolute disaster. First time in many years I've heard the support so vocal against a manager and even today, the chairman. So sad.

To take Boyd off when 1-0 down at home to Clyde was a disgrace. We dominated that game but have no tactical plan other than to hoof the ball for Henderson to chase. Noticed John Rankine walking in, obviously Hearts prepping to recall. 

Totally agree with all Kevchenkos points with the added bonus of an utter disregard for the promising youth at the club.

Barry it's now time, GTF before you destroy this little club that had a great reputation. 

2 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

An absolute disaster. First time in many years I've heard the support so vocal against a manager and even today, the chairman. So sad.

To take Boyd off when 1-0 down at home to Clyde was a disgrace. We dominated that game but have no tactical plan other than to hoof the ball for Henderson to chase. Noticed John Rankine walking in, obviously Hearts prepping to recall. 

Totally agree with all Kevchenkos points with the added bonus of an utter disregard for the promising youth at the club.

Barry it's now time, GTF before you destroy this little club that had a great reputation. 

Rankin has left Hearts I’m sure to become assistant at Hamilton. Wonder who he’s got his eyes on? 

This simply cannot go on . Despite dominating the ball we never at any point looked like scoring . 

A formation change or even bringing on something different particular in the middle of the park was surely the call but O Donnell never seen any action once again. Where the f**k is Alan Trouten? Last season he was a thorn in the side of championship teams still carrying a threat and now nowhere not even on the bench.  An absolute disgrace. 

Relegated by February. There are not two worse teams than us in this league. 

Ferguson has already destroyed us,and needs to go now.We can't afford to let him loose with another penny of transfer funds.Christ we must have more left backs than any other club in the country,yet we have Robbo  filling in,absolutely disgraceful management.He has no self control himself either,so how does he expect the players to respond.Give big Andy the job,a true leader,and someone the players will respect.Seriously considering handing my season ticket back as it's a painful watch this season,and just gets me angry,lifes to short for that.

Edited by Alloa 68

23 hours ago, Oweny said:

This simply cannot go on . Despite dominating the ball we never at any point looked like scoring . 

A formation change or even bringing on something different particular in the middle of the park was surely the call but O Donnell never seen any action once again. Where the f**k is Alan Trouten? Last season he was a thorn in the side of championship teams still carrying a threat and now nowhere not even on the bench.  An absolute disgrace. 

Relegated by February. There are not two worse teams than us in this league. 

Absoutely,my thoughts exactly.Get Ferguson out now.

Tbh I think Andy would be an excellent choice to take over. Obviously he’d be an unknown quality as a coach but he has been here long enough to know the Alloa way, when we were a good club to be at and support. The players respect him, he has displayed class and professionalism while relegated to the bench and throughout his time at Alloa. He’s everything Ferguson isn’t and I don’t think there’s an Alloa fan out there that would disagree. I personally hoped he would have been given the chance when Grant went. C’mon Mulraney give us an early Xmas present.

Come on Mulraney do something for the Alloa fans and not your ego or notiriety for a change and sack him.

Up there with the worst Alloa managers of all time. 

This is unlikely to happen prior to the Celtic game due to the sickening love in with the press of an old firm legend leading a wee team against the other giant of Scottish football. 

There was a game about four weeks ago where our home support had been one of the biggest Alloa had in league 1 for a while, that will have been well and truly undone by Ferguson and his brand of football. 

Have to totally agree here with Magic Hat.  For all the years I've followed Alloa from the 60's to the present, I cannot recall such a dislike or hatred for an Alloa manager in so short s period.

He has taken a decent footballing team to pieced and turned the team into a rudderless speedboat.  We can only be thankful he doesn't have a son signed for the club 🤔

I for one will not part with my £18 to watch the team so close to my heart as long as the non entity, Sevco living, fan disregarding @rseholeid manager.

I have endured many poor managerial appointments at Alloa in my many years of supporting the Wasps, but Mr Ferguson has eclipsed Terry Christie and Peter Grant playing their 'passenger' sons whilst far better players warmed the bench.

So if Mr Mulraney is serious about getting Alloa into the playoffs ( for promotion hopefully), do something PDQ

Edited by laughing gravie