The Alloa Athletic Thread

4 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

££££££££££££££ that kind of delighted

At least it will be worth the £18 quid ( MM pumps it up to £22 ) .

Ha! He’s probably a bit pissed off it’s at the Recs to be fair!

BF will be getting it both barrels from both ends

6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Some of you boys will be delighted. We'll undoubtedly get a mention on Go Radio now.

Not as delighted as MM though , he must be foaming at the mouth thinking about it

(and what price to charge for the tickets ) .

The Barry v Celtic thing is going to be tiresome 🤮. But I really didn't fancy Auchinleck away as that draw went on so this certainly wasn't the worst outcome.

Hopefully there is no talk of taking it away from the Recs like the last time we drew Celtic at home, albeit that was a while back now. Proper scenes when Paul McAneny equalised that night, but I'd still rather have been at Alloa. 1982 the last time Celtic were at the Recs in a competitive fixture? Before my time but remember reading about Pat Bonner saving a penalty. Edit, I see from Alloa Stats on twitter that the last time was 2002 at Brockville, I'd forgotten that one. 

Probably a chance it will end up on tele too and bring in a few more quid. Barry will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of signing more left backs to come and watch Robbo play 😋

Edited by Waspie

A wee bit better draw than the usual Livi away. A day to look forward to where the ground will be full.
Celtics first competitive visit to Recs since the early 80s, we've always switched the ground after that.
Let the madness commence.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

The Barry v Celtic thing is going to be tiresome [emoji2961]. But I really didn't fancy Auchinleck away as that draw went on so this certainly wasn't the worst outcome.
Hopefully there is no talk of taking it away from the Recs like the last time we drew Celtic at home, albeit that was a while back now. Proper scenes when Paul McAneny equalised that night, but I'd still rather have been at Alloa. 1982 the last time Celtic were at the Recs in a competitive fixture? Before my time but remember reading about Pat Bonner saving a penalty. Edit, I see from Alloa Stats on twitter that the last time was 2002 at Brockville, I'd forgotten that one. 
Probably a chance it will end up on tele too and bring in a few more quid. Barry will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of signing more left backs to come and watch Robbo play [emoji39]
Always liked this photo from their last visit1a66715c7ac2aff6c4576b1f9038c794.jpg

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The worst thing about this is thinking if by slim odds we aren't on TV there's some serious work to be done to ensure I'll have the capacity to stream.

With the restricted capacity and it being Celtic I'd be astounded if we aren't moved to the Sunday for TV

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

With the restricted capacity and it being Celtic I'd be astounded if we aren't moved to the Sunday for TV

Friday night under the lights would be great, although reckon it could also be Saturday around half 5 if it’s picked for Premier Sports

1 hour ago, Kevchenko said:

Friday night under the lights would be great, although reckon it could also be Saturday around half 5 if it’s picked for Premier Sports

Are the slots not late on Saturday and then Sunday bookended by the BBC games on Friday and Monday?

With the politics involved I doubt they'd move either of the Old Firm to the Friday or Monday.

Also think Premier Sports would be the more likely to cover- assume that's part of the deal they have in place, to cover Celtic and Rangers where the opportunity presents itself.

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

You can give the away team 100% of the match tickets cos the home fans won’t pay an inflated price for a match ticket.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So you criticised the club for the admission fee on Saturday and are now criticising the fans who didn't pay the admission fee you were so critical of? 

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

You can give the away team 100% of the match tickets cos the home fans won’t pay an inflated price for a match ticket.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Just think if you could have managed at least a shot on target against us you might have drawn Celtic 🥲

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Are the slots not late on Saturday and then Sunday bookended by the BBC games on Friday and Monday?

Could be right, couldn’t remember who covered the Friday night slot. 

Anyway, 2 absolute must wins coming up before a difficult run up to the Celtic game. 

Feel if we don’t get maximum points from East Fife and Clyde then it will be the bottom end we are concerned about rather than the top.