The Alloa Athletic Thread

5 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

I am just getting ready to leave home to travel to the match. Wife and 2 kids staying at home due to the excessive admission charge .  I won’t be buying a programme or having a cuppa and pie , Mulraney can shove it. Thank God the wind has dropped a bit.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

At least you will get to park free at Morrisons, contact the club and let them know how you feel , please ?

9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I have a suspicion he won't be that happy.

Didn't even have a programme or pie for consolation either. 

Didn't see the game today but far more comfortable than I expected. Great also to see big Andy was back in the team. 

Could have been very different had Bonnyrigg scored that chance in the first 15 seconds, but overall an excellent performance and scored some great goals. Not a surprise to anyone but big Andy was excellent and didn't put a foot wrong. Not sure what the story is with Durnan and whether he'll be back for next week, but (hopefully) looking forward to a Durnan-Andy partnership at the back, with Mendy still looking a bombscare today. 

Get the feeling Henderson is easily frustrated, and rightly so when long balls go flying over his head, but when he starts running with the ball he is frightening and a level above the rest. Plenty of positives from today, need to back it up with an important game coming up next week. 

10 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

A Rose victory would save me contacting your rip off club. Bye leaving for the match now.👋👋

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So are you contacting the club on Monday or you just being a big keyboard dafty as usual? 

I was hoping our class showed and it did. Through the build up I had a bad feeling but we looked comfortable throughout.
Bonnyrigg backed by a decent support and second half at 2 0 they backed their team and they gave it a real go. Henderson was too good for their backline and I'd guess really enjoyed his afternoon.
Good to be in the next round and hopefully gives us some momentum to go and get 3 points at East Fife next week in the league

No failures yesterday. Game could've been different 15 seconds in but apart from that, controlled the game from start to finish and like mentioned above, showed our class. 

Henderson a stand-out, obviously. Boy is frightening with the ball at his feet and in behind. So composed as well. Reallly need to do everything we can to convince him and Hearts another 6 months at Alloa is the right thing to do. Scougall as well a joy to watch yesterday. On his day, doesn't matter if it is Bonnyrigg or a Championship team, he's unplayable. The link-up with Hendo was superb yesterday and hopefully gives them a confidence boost. Sena has taken stick on here in recent weeks which I have found a tad harsh. I've enjoyed his new sort of role which allows him to push forward with King (or Gilmour) sitting. Sena can still get right involved in the battle but he clearly has an eye for a goal - four for the season is a decent return so far. 

Yesterday could have went either way as Bonnyrig do enjoy a Scottish Cup scalp and with us on poor form, I did fear we may be on th end of it. A perfect afternoon though. Hopefully this can be a spring board. We have had a few false dawns but we know this team are capable of challenging up there. Looking at our next opponents, nothing but a win will do. Great to see Andy Graham give a more reflective performance than the Rangers game. Still a tad rusty but barely put a foot wrong, reassuring to know he'll be back in for next week too with suspensions. 

All in all, was a welcome change to totally relax watching Alloa steamroll a team! 😁

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

and with us on poor form

We weren't really on poor form, the defeat to Dumbarton was our first in five games, with most of those against the top sides in the division.

I wasn't there yesterday, but like others I felt this was a potential banana skin, so great to win so convincingly. As Fatherbarry' says Bonnyrigg clearly couldn't handle the class and pace of Henderson, Scougall etc al. 

Edited by printer

On 28/11/2021 at 11:09, printer said:

We weren't really on poor form, the defeat to Dumbarton was our first in five games, with most of those against the top sides in the division.

Well, two weeks on the bounce with sucker punches. Not ideal the way both games ended for confidence. Didn't show at the weekend though, so happy days. 

On 28/11/2021 at 09:36, KierenAAFC said:

No failures yesterday.

If the highlights were anything to go by Mendy had a shocker 

heading the ball towards his own goal , losing possession  slack looking stuff 

Get Andy in there in his place see how it goes .