The Alloa Athletic Thread

32 minutes ago, Dink said:

Yeah, and I don't have a problem with him commenting on Rangers, I don't particularly like it but as you say Mulraney would have accepted that from day one. Rather it's the tone of his media pieces where he comes across as more concerned about Rangers' performances than ours. Obviously that is the way the media game works in large part, but it makes it no less galling to read those sorts of articles on the back of what was probably our worst performance of the league season.

That's because, and I don't mean this with any malice, he is.

We could say that it's poor form not to at least pretend otherwise in public, but we all know the score.

not surprised the  BF is entrenched in the "gers" it is to be expected considering his career with them 

but their is an ever increasing feeling in my mind that he really cares very little for this wee club of ours 

just passing through without a care for his surroundings ,

Yes all our managers end up ( mostly) progressing thier careers in bigger full time clubs 

but i am sure JG JR PH will have some fondness of thier time here,  as for BF i very much doubt it 

to me  he cares very little for the fans too  , regardless of  the treatment he has had from (some of )them 

thats how it looks to me anyway ,

As for the discipline issue's it is my guess that the players are under a lot of pressure from the manager 

and this just might effect some players adversely  , from what i have heard but not confirmed there has already been 

a dressing room ruckus  between a staff member and a player, not the sort of thing you want to hear happening at your club is it  ?

passion or stress ?   does not sound like good man management whatever 

5th at best for us ( being optomistic  )  .

Edited by Vegetableman

15 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

We haven't missed a game, home or away, this season but charging £18 for this Saturday's game is testing my dedication, and my finances. We are supporters and will be there but it does nothing to entice other people to the game, especially how poor the football and atmosphere has been.

And that's why your gormless chairman will continue to charge £18.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

And that's why your gormless chairman will continue to charge £18.

Not disagreeing with the sentiment, but gormless isn't a very good descriptor for Mike Mulraney! He knows exactly what he's doing, right or wrong.

Although I used to know someone who went to school with him, and he said everyone was amazed when he went on to make himself a fortune, as he had a reputation for being a bit of a thickie.

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Not disagreeing with the sentiment, but gormless isn't a very good descriptor for Mike Mulraney! He knows exactly what he's doing, right or wrong.

Although I used to know someone who went to school with him, and he said everyone was amazed when he went on to make himself a fortune, as he had a reputation for being a bit of a thickie.

Appointing Barry Ferguson and charging your fans ridiculous prices I'd say points to a lack of sense and/or initiative. Alloa and Arbroath will be the two richest part time clubs in the country, he could easily do something with ticket prices that gives him good PR with both home and away fans, but he charges a flat £18 rate (the dearest in the division) for any game, regardless of opposition. He's a gormless, greedy, c**t. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Appointing Barry Ferguson and charging your fans ridiculous prices I'd say points to a lack of sense and/or initiative. Alloa and Arbroath will be the two richest part time clubs in the country, he could easily do something with ticket prices that gives him good PR with both home and away fans, but he charges a flat £18 rate (the dearest in the division) for any game, regardless of opposition. He's a gormless, greedy, c**t. 

He'd probably point to all the other managers we've appointed. This one's mystifying, but he has a pretty good hit rate.

He's not gormless, he's just a Tory. They don't give a shit about good PR, only money.

22 hours ago, nugs said:
23 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:
We haven't missed a game, home or away, this season but charging £18 for this Saturday's game is testing my dedication, and my finances. We are supporters and will be there but it does nothing to entice other people to the game, especially how poor the football and atmosphere has been.

I will also be giving it a miss. £18 is a ridiculous price for a team from the lowland league. This is no disrespect to Bonnyrigg who may well beat us anyway.

And if we do win the game we will be doing your club a big favour by giving the club a reason to sack the manager. They will be able to pay up his contract from the exorbitant admission fee for the game.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

14 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

And if we do win the game we will be doing your club a big favour by giving the club a reason to sack the manager. They will be able to pay up his contract from the exorbitant admission fee for the game.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

We don't do knee-jerk sackings; he'll be here until we're relegated, and there should be at least a team or two worse than us this season, so I reckon he's here until until January 2023 at least.

If you guys put on a good show, watch out for the credit going to Rangers B being in your league  :P

I agree with BFTD here, we have a knack of letting managers see out their contracts unless the manager walks away himself.

Barry has shown that he is inept at Div 2 level, and is mirroring his time at Clyde.

He remains our manager, but compared to previous managers, he appears to be his own man devoid of criticism and no intentions of being a he community manager the likes of Hately was when he was here.

As to pricing for games, it feels like we are bring shafted by keeping prices as high as they want and anyone not wanting to pay the over inflated prices can't be real fans.

We should change the ground from the Indodrill to Mushroom Factory.  F d on shit and kept in the he dark

21 hours ago, BFTD said:

We don't do knee-jerk sackings; he'll be here until we're relegated, and there should be at least a team or two worse than us this season, so I reckon he's here until until January 2023 at least.

If you guys put on a good show, watch out for the credit going to Rangers B being in your league  :P

Maybe Rangers B Manager would be the ideal job for Barry Ferguson. I think if they could be promoted he would do it.

3 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

anyone not wanting to pay the over inflated prices can't be real fans.

this ......................exactly , i can see already a backlash if i were to suggest a boycott on this game 

and not therefore being a real supporter ( as i glance at my season ticket on the table ) if i were to do so

if anyone is unhappy at the cost don't go thats what i am doing ,  Dumbarton are charging £12 for thier SC tie with sauchie , that is fair IMO .

It's easy to say that our manager is entitled to make a living as a pundit but I am sure that his wages with Alloa are significant . His annual salary with Alloa will be more than what most of us would earn working full time . Fact . 

Even although we've been fairly shit this season - I'd rather have our problems than Alloa's.
We did warn you.

And, as for pricing - Clydebank v Clyde is £10 (£5 for concessions).
Presumably as agreed by both teams - as I would have thought should also have been the case for Alloa v Bonnyrigg. 

9 hours ago, Oweny said:

It's easy to say that our manager is entitled to make a living as a pundit but I am sure that his wages with Alloa are significant . His annual salary with Alloa will be more than what most of us would earn working full time . Fact . 

I think you're really overestimating what Alloa can afford.

Sadly, I am also giving this game a body swerve. Long term season ticket holder but £18 for this game is taking the piss. I am feeling increasingly disenchanted with the direction the club has been taking in recent times. BF is ruining the community feel we have had at the club and Mulraney and his rip off attitude to loyal fans is disgusting. Was more than happy keeping the season ticket going during COVID and leaving the club with the refund that was due. Loyalty should go both ways. Also, I’d love to see the books and what happened to the £500k COVID payment.