The Alloa Athletic Thread

33 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well you thieving, money grabbing so and sos. Charging £18 ( £10 for concessions) for entry to the forth coming Scottish cup tie. That’s a great way to encourage visiting fans from any League, promote football and the Scottish Cup. Is that how you pay your rubbish manager and super star players, robbing the fans at the gate? Or do you pay your tenants  a retainer if you get drawn against a Lowland League  to help keep them in existence.

It will certainly make me think very seriously about attending the game and getting ripped off.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Yes, we know. We've been hearing it for years. We don't set the prices.

You'd be better off sending that to the boardroom at the Recs, as there's f**k all we can do about it, and there have been plenty of complaints.

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well you thieving, money grabbing so and sos. Charging £18 ( £10 for concessions) for entry to the forth coming Scottish cup tie. That’s a great way to encourage visiting fans from any League, promote football and the Scottish Cup. Is that how you pay your rubbish manager and super star players, robbing the fans at the gate? Or do you pay your tenants  a retainer if you get drawn against a Lowland League  to help keep them in existence.

It will certainly make me think very seriously about attending the game and getting ripped off.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Complaints on a postcard to Mr Mulraney, Indodrill Stadium, Alloa please. If you get a reply please let the Alloa support know as he has fleeced us for cup games for the last decade. 

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

That's right pal we (the Alloa fans ) set the prices and raise them so we pay more ,makes sense doesn't it ? 😜 vent your spleen at the board not the fans and yes we have complained in the past to no avail ,

understand your complaint of course , buy a reasonably priced pie on a roll you won't regret it (if you turn up after all )  it is a culinary prozac for unhappy away supporters try it and see .

Goalkeepers signed - 4

Centre backs signed -4 

Full backs signed - 3 

Goals conceded to 20 of November - 25 

We are playing our best midfielder now at left back to plug the gap . Just nowhere near good enough and a real worry now about getting relegated again .  A shafting next week against a team that is currently romping their league and scoring many many goals could be the last straw . 

1 hour ago, Oweny said:

Goalkeepers signed - 4

Centre backs signed -4 

Full backs signed - 3 

We are playing our best midfielder now at left back to plug the gap . Just nowhere near good enough and a real worry now about getting relegated again .  A shafting next week against a team that is currently romping their league and scoring many many goals could be the last straw . 

Yer right and  senna is nowhere near good enough, granted he'll win the odd strong tackle here and there but his positional play, awreness and distribution is not good enough, Barry is trying to coach him through the games from the side by telling him basic moves that he shouldn't need to be told.

Need more in middle of thepark, Boyd is another that frustrates me, does alot of good things but very rarely an end product, 

Could be a nervy 90 mins next week 

43 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

When your manager plays a system that is not working a lot of players start to look bad

i don't think sena is poor , the whole team is misfiring just now 

Cos the signings in the main have been dreadful, discipline is dreadful, lack of consistency, manager wants to tell everyone how to play, he is truly uninspiring (to players and fans alike). Team changes/formations every week don't help. January window is going to be a nightmare unless he is chased soon!

6 hours ago, Oweny said:

We are playing our best midfielder now at left back to plug the gap . 

Which is ridiculous. The manager was a top midfielder himself, yet cannot see what an improvement Robbo would be in his best position in the middle.

1 hour ago, printer said:

Which is ridiculous. The manager was a top midfielder himself, yet cannot see what an improvement Robbo would be in his best position in the middle.

So why not play one of the LB's. Church has had a fair crack, Armstrong not really and Williamson or Leighton not at all!!

23 hours ago, Oweny said:

Goalkeepers signed - 4

Centre backs signed -4 

Full backs signed - 3 

And of all those new defenders, arguably the most impressive has been Craig Howie, who was actually signed by Andy Graham. And perhaps our best defensive performance of the season was at Starks Park where Graham and Howie played CB together. Andy doesn't even make the bench now and Howie invariably plays DM when he is picked.

I stopped highlighting Mendy every week because it's not fair on a guy giving everything he has, but even the games when he was getting a bit of praise the erratic play was still there. The issue is him being picked every week. It was striking that the two Montrose goals last week came from balls into the box. For the first Mendy actually got there first and just had to clear it anywhere. Instead he seemed to stoop and with a back header landed it right at the feet of a Montrose player in front of goal. For the second he followed his man out of the box altogether as the ball came in (and I'm sure Montrose had worked on that) and nobody in our defence just made sure the ball was cleared. The kind of situation where in recent years we were well used to a Parry or Graham figure taking responsibility. 

Now there is an argument that it was time to freshen up some of these positions (personally I still felt Parry and Graham had more to offer, and Trouts too for that matter), but in that case you have to do it properly and also ensure you are actually improving the team. Has the manager managed that on either count? So many of the new signings looked suspect at the time and several of them are now parked on the bench or not even making the bench. Presume Mendy has to play because he was brought over from France by Ferguson. We must have spent a lot of cash since May yet we're sitting 6th in a pretty weak league, have lost a number of games to sides with much smaller budgets, and there aren't many signs of long term progress either.

The galling thing is that we didn't need a massive rebuild in the first place. I would even say that adding Senna, Gilmour, Boyd and Henderson (and Durnan too if you really wanted another CB) to what we already had and there was a good team there. All the rest of the money spent could have been used on a decent LB and another striker and we'd have had plenty left over too. It looks a little that rather in being thankful that he had inherited a really solid set of good pros that the new manager felt threatened by it and immediately set about dismantling it.

I was really surprised by the appointment but wanted to give the managerial team every chance. I would have said that November was far too early to judge them, but the fears I had came to fruition pretty quickly. Scattergun signing policy, erratic team selection and falling out with people. No evidence of a real clear plan. I'm not even calling for them to go at this stage either, and with the quality of player in the squad we should keep picking up enough points through individual ability alone to ensure the season isn't a complete disaster, and we might yet even manage the play-offs (at the top). But I'd say we can already be sure that this team won't get anywhere near fulfilling its potential with the current management team, and the potential is there also for it to go badly wrong too.

Edited by Waspie

Just now, ian44wood said:

Hi guys,

Travelling from Bonnyrigg on Saturday and was wondering where’s the best place to park.  

Morrisons supermarket on the way into alloa just before the ground

park in the faraway area of the car park , i park there every time, morrisons seem to tolerate it too .