The Alloa Athletic Thread

10 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Didn't expect anymore than that. Young kids at a big club trying to impress, guys at a 1st division club not playing much for a non inspiring manager.  Lots of changes as expected. No wonder Church is the way he is. BF on his case whole of the first half, hooked at half time, boy has little confidence. 

It was like a pre season friendly.  Not impressed with them at all either. Think there is quality in the squad just not sure they all enjoy playing at the moment. Agreed on right back situation, new guy didn't inspire me at all. 

As much as I liked seeing Williamson back involved, I thought Church actually had a really good 1st half. Archer,  Church and O’Donnell linked up well going forward. 

Think Ferguson having a go at him has a lot to do with where he plays - always easy to have a go at the nearest player. Would probably be the same with Taggs when he’s on that side if he wasn’t so consistently good. 

You say it looked like they wanted it more than us, that is probably true. Don’t think any of the guys are too disappointed to lose out and miss a trip to Cove on a Wednesday night. Disappointed in some of things we did, that third goal in particular. Comical.

The priority is Saturday, all eyes on that. You could even see all the subs made at the exact minutes of the game was pre-planned to get minutes in the legs. So pre-season like. Yeah, bit frustrating after Sunday’s heroics but really don’t think that result means much at all. It’ll be a complete change or team, bar Hutton, on Saturday. All good.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

As has already been said, next round midweek in the middle of winter at Cove. 

I think we know who the real winners are.

I'm not going to bother looking for a match thread, actually.

Alegria looks absolutely superb. His leap and direction on the header for the first goal is remarkable. Hopefully he kicks on and we see him up top with Lyndon Dykes in time for the World Cup in Qatar.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Alegria looks absolutely superb. His leap and direction on the header for the first goal is remarkable. Hopefully he kicks on and we see him up top with Lyndon Dykes in time for the World Cup in Qatar.

Posthumously giving his great-granny Scottish nationality? Bold.

3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Posthumously giving his great-granny Scottish nationality? Bold.

I was under the impression that colt teams were playing in senior football to boost our national team? Surely Rangers wouldn't just splash out on a Colombian forward and play him in said tournaments just because he looks like a smashing player? 

Have we signed Tom Leighton? I'd missed that but presume we have as trialists not allowed in the Challenge Cup as far as I can see. Bit of a strange one when we already have one excellent right back and another player who has done extremely well whenever he has played there. 

12 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Have we signed Tom Leighton? I'd missed that but presume we have as trialists not allowed in the Challenge Cup as far as I can see. Bit of a strange one when we already have one excellent right back and another player who has done extremely well whenever he has played there. 

Yip another bizarre signing when we need strikers. Didn't impress much either.

21 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Yeah signed yesterday, just had too much on to make a statement.

Tom Leighton has signed I believe but he’s not a right back, despite last night. Primarily a left back, however, can play across the back four. You could see him last night a lot more comfortable on his left. I don’t mind that signing. Think he looks steady enough and clearly not match sharp. Better option than Jordan Armstrong etc.

13 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

But But you dont care for the cup so why are you moaning about getting knocked out to more talented youngsters :D 

Didnae see many talented youngsters last night. No.7 Lowry was about it. Alegria for his goals perhaps but his all round play didn't make me think, wow.

3 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Tom Leighton has signed I believe but he’s not a right back, despite last night. Primarily a left back, however, can play across the back four. You could see him last night a lot more comfortable on his left. I don’t mind that signing. Think he looks steady enough and clearly not match sharp. Better option than Jordan Armstrong etc.

Just what we need another defender, in particular a left back!🤔. The signing policy at Clyde, advised to us by many bully wee fans, is well and truly in full swing. January gonna be great fun. 

3 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

I might have been talking rubbish by the way - he's possibly a right back. Which makes a swathe of our commentary a bit painful last night😂

Maybe he does have an awkward delivery😅

On 26/10/2021 at 19:51, laughing gravie said:

Why aren't the geriatrics not getting s discount I wonder?

Ageism? 😱😱🤔😱😱

I've recently become disgusted - disgusted - by our lack of free season tickets for impoverished hard-working students  :ph34r: