The Alloa Athletic Thread

17 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Big Parry released a few weeks ago and you’re getting an emergency keeper on loan . Holy shit lads. 
That’s nothing against Keiran btw he was on loan at Rovers in 2017- a goid lad and fine young keeper.

Aye but we have the Chuckle brothers at the helm so anything is possible. 

Edited by McCulloch No.5

1 hour ago, Wee wasp said:

Hopefully Kieran wrights improved a bit as I didn't think much off him in his last loan period, was at fault for a few goals

David Hutton  is the goalkeeping  Coach now as well, the other guy has chucked it 

My feelings exactly, he looked miles out of his depth and a bit like a rabbit in the headlights when he came in for Parry, hopefully he has improved since. 

Are we to assume he is going to be starting? Between him and Burt, I would rather we went with our own player, would be different if we brought in a proven veteran like we did with MacDonald. 

On 23/10/2021 at 12:57, Wee wasp said:

Hopefully Kieran wrights improved a bit as I didn't think much off him in his last loan period, was at fault for a few goals

David Hutton  is the goalkeeping  Coach now as well, the other guy has chucked it 

Hope we kept the receipt

37 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

giphy.gif
WTF
It’s only his first game with a new squad and a number of players who are down on their luck and playing the league leaders

Which I understand, but don’t have any effect on his stop start hesitation coming off his line for the 2nd and 3rd goal today, which were on him. 

Give him his due though, his save when we were 2-1 down, when the ball was basically beyond him, was exceptional. 

From the euphoria of Sunday afternoon to that tonight. 

Expected them to be a good passing team, but was disappointed that we were out passed, out moved, and out worked tonight. Felt like they wanted it more than we did. 

Think tonight highlighted a little that there’s not as much quality in the squad outside the first team in a few positions, particularly at right back and up top. 

1 minute ago, Kevchenko said:

From the euphoria of Sunday afternoon to that tonight. 

Expected them to be a good passing team, but was disappointed that we were out passed, out moved, and out worked tonight. Felt like they wanted it more than we did. 

Think tonight highlighted a little that there’s not as much quality in the squad outside the first team in a few positions, particularly at right back and up top. 

Didn't expect anymore than that. Young kids at a big club trying to impress, guys at a 1st division club not playing much for a non inspiring manager.  Lots of changes as expected. No wonder Church is the way he is. BF on his case whole of the first half, hooked at half time, boy has little confidence. 

It was like a pre season friendly.  Not impressed with them at all either. Think there is quality in the squad just not sure they all enjoy playing at the moment. Agreed on right back situation, new guy didn't inspire me at all.