The Alloa Athletic Thread

What an utterly bizarre season so far

Fights between fans
Fights between manager and fans
Fights between management team and players

Not even November yet.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Frank Warren is looking to buy the club.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

What an utterly bizarre season so far

Fights between fans
Fights between manager and fans
Fights between management team and players

Not even November yet.

"The Indodrill for thrills!" 😉

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Good argument for stopping interviews all together - makes my skin crawl from the small portions I've seen.

It’s car crash stuff. 

Think their fans were actually pretty reserved given a few of the comments from a couple of their board. 

Any news on a keeper for this week? 

18 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

It’s car crash stuff. 

Think their fans were actually pretty reserved given a few of the comments from a couple of their board. 

Any news on a keeper for this week? 

Not yet -  Happy with the names being mentioned, however, with midweek games for the premiership clubs I think that's been a sticking point.

16 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not yet -  Happy with the names being mentioned, however, with midweek games for the premiership clubs I think that's been a sticking point.

When can we register until? Feel like we registered someone the morning of a game last year?

Pretty limited sample, but from watching warm ups, Burt looks a decent shot stopper and seems to get down low pretty well but definitely concerns on high balls/physical side which is understandable. 

Burt is really highly rated from everyone who has watched him at some length. Didn't think he did much wrong last week.

Wouldn't be too phased with playing him Sunday. Might as well give the boy a go. There's plenty other issues above this in the queue right now [emoji846]

4 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Burt is really highly rated from everyone who has watched him at some length. Didn't think he did much wrong last week.

Wouldn't be too phased with playing him Sunday. Might as well give the boy a go. There's plenty other issues above this in the queue right now emoji846.png

I’m kind of inclined to agree, wouldn’t mind getting a proper look at him. If he does play I’ve a feeling he will be busy anyway!

On 21/10/2021 at 20:39, Redwedge77 said:

BF just gave him a new contract as other bigger clubs sniffing around him.

Having seen him play a few times I would give a go. I think we forget that Scott Bain was 18 when he became our first choice keeper

If big clubs want him they'll take him. Would only be a development fee due to his age.