The Alloa Athletic Thread

4 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Get well soon. 

Cheers mate,now back at work and way,way better than i was,right up to a Saturday then i'm ill again,utter garbage again today.Great first twenty minutes,then we fall ouit of the game.Substitutions beyond bizarre,the man's clueless and should go,but he won't no chance,league two for us next year by the looks of it,and it sticks in my throat to say that.We are less than mediocore.

The squad we have is more than good enough to be challenging at the top end of the table, and from what we've seen of the other teams there is absolutely nothing to fear from anyone in this division. All makes it more frustrating that we have a manager who is incapable of getting the best out of the squad and is too arrogant to drop players he signed. All very well saying that players aren't guaranteed to start if they are playing poorly and dropping (and releasing) Parry, Andy and Howie, but when he continues to start Mendy, King and Church his argument goes out the window. His substitutions are even more bizarre, playing with 10 men and needing a goal and he decides to take our 2 quickest players off is just baffling. Taking Taggart off has to be one of the strangest substitutions I've seen in god knows how long.

There is still plenty time left in the season, and a decent squad for someone to work with. Can only hope that Barry is away soon to let someone with some tactical knowledge come in and work with the players.

5 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

The squad we have is more than good enough to be challenging at the top end of the table, and from what we've seen of the other teams there is absolutely nothing to fear from anyone in this division. All makes it more frustrating that we have a manager who is incapable of getting the best out of the squad and is too arrogant to drop players he signed. All very well saying that players aren't guaranteed to start if they are playing poorly and dropping (and releasing) Parry, Andy and Howie, but when he continues to start Mendy, King and Church his argument goes out the window. His substitutions are even more bizarre, playing with 10 men and needing a goal and he decides to take our 2 quickest players off is just baffling. Taking Taggart off has to be one of the strangest substitutions I've seen in god knows how long.

There is still plenty time left in the season, and a decent squad for someone to work with. Can only hope that Barry is away soon to let someone with some tactical knowledge come in and work with the players.

Let's face it. For all he was as a player, and he was good, he is not a gaffer. Got a gig at Clyde, listen to their fans, not good.

Gig at Kelty, I could have done that with the cash, big mistake him leaving. They get the man we should have went for! Why have bigger teams never went for him.....🤔easy answer there. 

Mendy, King, Church!!🤣🤣 Graham, Robertson, Williamson. Did he even do due diligence on our squad, nah too arrogant for that. 

Incidentally before I went to work last night watched the reserves, it's free and does Joyce a turn.  Williamson was outstanding.

Barry time to go before we do a Brechin, which I predicted we wouldn't quite forcefully at start of season. We may if he remains. First quarter is now a disaster!

Increased budget, waste of money. Rant over for now.

1 hour ago, Alloa 68 said:

Cheers mate,now back at work and way,way better than i was,right up to a Saturday then i'm ill again,utter garbage again today.Great first twenty minutes,then we fall ouit of the game.Substitutions beyond bizarre,the man's clueless and should go,but he won't no chance,league two for us next year by the looks of it,and it sticks in my throat to say that.We are less than mediocore.

Are we, or Falkirk, this season's Brechin?

Something has just not bee right with us since we lost that late goal at Dumbarton. Two poor performances since albeit hamstrung with stupid spendings offs has left us worrying about a relegation scrap once again.

Even with 10 men yesterday we looked lost in that second half and devoid of any fight . The Substitution of Cawley really pissed a lot of folks off also . 

A further mystery is as to why Robertson has dropped off the starting 11 too as he is a  player who has consistently played well for us in multiple positions and never let us down. Surely he would have been better in the middle of the park up against Brown etc yesterday. 

7 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Apparently recovering from from a hamstring injury. According to Clyde supporters he went missing under Alex Rae when accusations of poor management and bullying was allegedly taken place.

Bomber Brown it was, but easy to confuse I suppose!

1 hour ago, Oweny said:

Something has just not bee right with us since we lost that late goal at Dumbarton. Two poor performances since albeit hamstrung with stupid spendings offs has left us worrying about a relegation scrap once again.

Even with 10 men yesterday we looked lost in that second half and devoid of any fight . The Substitution of Cawley really pissed a lot of folks off also . 

A further mystery is as to why Robertson has dropped off the starting 11 too as he is a  player who has consistently played well for us in multiple positions and never let us down. Surely he would have been better in the middle of the park up against Brown etc yesterday. 

I guess what went on in the dressing room after the game didn't help, it just looks like moral is very low & I understand why 

12 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

What happened in the dressing room or is this the blow out with fans? 

Durnan & Bob Malcolm rolling around on the dressing room floor & having to be separated by Robbo, It wouldn't surprise me if that's why Robbo has been dropped, how can we expect our players to have any discipline when we have the manager his number 2 & the new kit man acting like they have it needs sorted out very quickly 

19 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

Durnan & Bob Malcolm rolling around on the dressing room floor & having to be separated by Robbo, It wouldn't surprise me if that's why Robbo has been dropped, how can we expect our players to have any discipline when we have the manager his number 2 & the new kit man acting like they have it needs sorted out very quickly 

IF,this is true,then surely thats gross misconduct.This happened at my work years ago,two of the guys fighting,instant sacking.Not to sure on the employment law on this now,but it's unprofessional at best.BUT,how do we know this is fact anyway,though nothing would now surprise me.Probably best leaving this speculation alone.Mike is in charge,and really needs to sort things out.It's been his poor judgement thats ultimately been the cause of our woes,He made a rash choice,and here we are.Really it's time for a change,and for Mike to step up and admit it was the wrong move,something we've all had to do at some point in our lives.God knows it's something i've had to admit to often enough in my time.

49 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

IF,this is true,then surely thats gross misconduct.This happened at my work years ago,two of the guys fighting,instant sacking.Not to sure on the employment law on this now,but it's unprofessional at best.BUT,how do we know this is fact anyway,though nothing would now surprise me.Probably best leaving this speculation alone.Mike is in charge,and really needs to sort things out.It's been his poor judgement thats ultimately been the cause of our woes,He made a rash choice,and here we are.Really it's time for a change,and for Mike to step up and admit it was the wrong move,something we've all had to do at some point in our lives.God knows it's something i've had to admit to often enough in my time.

It is not speculation It is fact 

27 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

It is not speculation It is fact 

Well if this is true, the manager has lost the plot, the dressing room and most probably many fans who have backed him.

As I said in a previous post why have no bigger clubs taken a chance? Reason is those in the know in Scottish football talk, clubs don't want conduct like this, he has to go if this is fact, embarressing!!!

Mike Mulraney needs to take a long hard look at the current situation in the dressing room and get to the bottom of the animosity and also  Fergusons apparent apathy toward the fans. My point of view is that Ferguson thinks he is untouchable and couldn't give a toss and watching his body language on the touchline week in week out would suggest that. Ive noticed that he has begun to become more vocal during matches however he seems to single out one player for his verbal spewing every game and the last twice it has been Daniel Church that has been getting it stinking ( yes I know some fans dont rate him however he isn't that bad a player and would probably build confidence if he wasn't getting it I the neck from manager for 90 mins) 

It would be good if there was a meeting between chairman, management and players to deal with issues, wipe slate clean and start again and concentrate on what really matters however not too sure that Ferguson would be willing to drop the attitude due to his apparent arrogance and pig headedness. 

If things don't get sorted then surely Ferguson and his cronies must walk or be pushed.

Not getting involved in the Ferguson shitshow, as I haven't been able to contribute financially this season, but my feelings are still that he'll be at the club for the length of the season, at least. Unless something major happens, I couldn't see Mike Mulraney pulling the trigger until we were actually relegated, and that's probably still unlikely (touch wood).

How have crowds been this season? It did occur to me that perhaps the idea was that some of the Wee County Loyal would start coming along to matches with Ferguson in charge, in the same way that the home end was dotted with local The Rangers fans when they were climbing the leagues.