The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 28/09/2021 at 09:26, Vegetableman said:

I really do not get this "engage with the manager " thing at all , we want results and good play 

i can only  recall Jim goodwin at the station one night and in the Promotion party , and nothing else with any other manager 

yes he got rid of big neil and that was a big call . I also can't ever believe that a manager is going to take advice or opinions from fans 

regarding management skills or communication skills , just let him get on with the job

if it does not work out then fine give him stick ,

meantime things do not look too bad   calm doon for crying out loud .

The supporters club has held a question & answer night with every manager that has come in over the last few seasons that have been good night's for varying reasons with the exception of Barry but we are  in times over the 18 months or so that has made that difficult to arrange so your comment is incorrect 

Edited by waspie13

1 hour ago, waspie13 said:

The supporters club has held a question & answer night with every manager that has come in over the last few seasons that have been good night's for varying reasons with the exception of Barry but we are  in times over the 18 months or so that has made that difficult to arrange so your comment is incorrect 

Correct in my case i can't recall something i never knew about in the first place  , i had no idea the supporters club did this .

Edited by Vegetableman

1 hour ago, Dink said:

So, Charlie Gilmour. Not sure that we needed another Central midfielder but I believe he's highly rated by St Johnstone.

We have him a deal until 2023 at some point in the past year, and I suspect he wouldn't be getting loaned out if he hadn't picked up an injury that caused him to miss pre-season.

Missing the friendlies meant he's never had a chance to stake his claim, as we won't really just chuck him in to European qualifiers or league games.

He really, really, needs to play every single week somewhere. Hopefully that's at Alloa and he can show why he's so rated.

1 hour ago, Kevchenko said:

Anyone know definitively what the script is with Williamson? On loan, not on loan, injured, covid etc???

Would say we are crying out for having him at least on the bench just now. 

He was in the stand. According to the gentleman I was speaking to (not sure who he was) is not on loan, not injured or has covid. Seemingly he has been playing with the 20's! That's not definite but what the guy said.

Very strange, another one from last year the manager wants shot of perhaps. He did well last year as well considering he's 17! 

Niang lasted 25 seconds and must be the quickest sending off for an Alloa player in terms of the game starting . 

I remember Stewart Malcolm getting his marching orders for a last man foul at forthbank in minute one back in 2006 . 

I also remember Bobby Dall making his Alloa debut off the bench at Boghead Dumbarton and getting sent off for headbutting a Sons player immediately without him touching the ball . Think this was 1984 .

Incidentally Bobby Dall went on to be an absolute fantastic Alloa centre half and hardly ever got booked or sent off afterwards. 

NIang I thought was unlucky yesterday and the referee should have shown some common sense particularly given the conditions. 

On 03/10/2021 at 10:37, Kevchenko said:

Anyone know definitively what the script is with Williamson? On loan, not on loan, injured, covid etc???

Would say we are crying out for having him at least on the bench just now. 

Pretty sure he has got an injury. One of the reasons his loan was cut.

So, how are Alloa fans actually feeling about Ferguson at the moment football wise? Obviously as a manager he kind of comes across as deeply unlikeable at times with his arguments with fans etc, but as a manager I'm interested in how he's pro/regressed since his time with Clyde.

It seemed like at the start of the season he wanted to get shot of Parry, Trouten, Cawley etc and only managed to move Parry out the door - was it even the case that he was trying to push the others out the door? It seems like a very odd move to single out one of the most well liked, respected and highest quality players in the lower leagues, but not totally beyond him.