The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

You've lost the plot mate. From what I saw on Saturday against Falkirk that's not the case. Simmer down for now.😉

Has he lost the plot or are you wearing rose tinted glasses?

We've had a poor pre-season, defeat to The Stennie and a draw v Morton.

Then we had a poor poor League Cup campaign, Livi the exception.

Our league form has been erratic to say the least.

I know BF is building a new team, but this should mostly have been sorted as close to the season starting, not still in progress.

BF comes over as very anonymous and unwilling to engage with fans, something previous managers never shied away from.

As I've posted previously, respect is not a given, it's gained. There's a whole lot of gaining to be accomplished before he has my respect as an Alloa manager.

3 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Has he lost the plot or are you wearing rose tinted glasses?

We've had a poor pre-season, defeat to The Stennie and a draw v Morton.

Then we had a poor poor League Cup campaign, Livi the exception.

Our league form has been erratic to say the least.

I know BF is building a new team, but this should mostly have been sorted as close to the season starting, not still in progress.

BF comes over as very anonymous and unwilling to engage with fans, something previous managers never shied away from.

As I've posted previously, respect is not a given, it's gained. There's a whole lot of gaining to be accomplished before he has my respect as an Alloa manager.

I can assure you I'm not wearing rose tinted specs. I do wear specs however the lense is clear and the one thing I do see is that you love a wind up. 

There is a stark difference between losing the dressing room and losing games!

Whilst I am not the managers biggest fan doesn't mean I will be his biggest critic. I have an opinion, pretty much like you have, and I'll voice it the way I see it. I do agree on several of your comments and not on others. One thing for sure, it's results driven, disnae matter if you like him, the team selection or certain players. In present circumstances if we win I couldn't give 2 hoots as it's points in the bag  and may breed consistency. If we lose then I'm pretty certain our league position will dictate what happens in the future.

3 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

hardly surprising given the boos chants and derision , no one in thier right mind would "engage" with that 

Would these be self inflicted boos? It's not that he hasn't had time to be visible to the fans, and surely nothing compared to what he'd have received leading out Rangers 1872 onto Parkhead?

2 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Best quote in a long time probably only for a certain age group. But so bloody true. 

See the source image

He certainly didn't bring the Waco Kid with him, just wacky ideology.

24 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

I can assure you I'm not wearing rose tinted specs. I do wear specs however the lense is clear and the one thing I do see is that you love a wind up. 

There is a stark difference between losing the dressing room and losing games!

Whilst I am not the managers biggest fan doesn't mean I will be his biggest critic. I have an opinion, pretty much like you have, and I'll voice it the way I see it. 

Fair enough, wind up or not, many a true thing said in jest.

It would be interesting to know what evidence there is to substantiate ' losing the dressing room' is based on.

57 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

It would be interesting to know what evidence there is to substantiate ' losing the dressing room' is based on.

Spotted in the office wearing nothing but a confused look and a pair of "55" boxer shorts?

he is as some raith fans  described him ,  makes us a bit nervous ,  on the park instead of andy graham

at the moment

has some good spells then makes a cockup now and then  was at fault for Airdries first goal tuesday

you just aren't sure what you are going to get from him from one minute to the next