The Alloa Athletic Thread

49 minutes ago, nugs said:

Any news of a goalkeeper coming in or are we going into tomorrows game with one keeper in the squad

Think they've got the under 20s goalkeeper in the squad now, who I'm told is a very good prospect  and the reason why mcdowell was allowed to leave. 

Decent performance today against a poor Falkirk. Wish we could play them every week.😉 Sammon scores and after the goal actually looked interested.

Durnan was rock solid, Hendersons pace will cause teams problems and O' Donnell did well when he came on. Robertson looked uncomfortable at LB but didn't give anything away. 

Tuesday is a biggie after this result, hopefully develop a bit of consistency. Out of interest what did the manager say about us fans? 

16 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Decent performance today against a poor Falkirk. Wish we could play them every week.😉 Sammon scores and after the goal actually looked interested.

Durnan was rock solid, Hendersons pace will cause teams problems and O' Donnell did well when he came on. Robertson looked uncomfortable at LB but didn't give anything away. 

Tuesday is a biggie after this result, hopefully develop a bit of consistency. Out of interest what did the manager say about us fans? 

He said give him the stick but leave the players alone (Hutton )

basically saying it is all over the top ..........and he has a point IMO .

55 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

Credit to BF today, the balance of the team looked much better and the two loan signings Henderson and Niang both look quality. There wasn't a failure in that team today. Only downside was Boyd and Trouten going off and Scougal missing from the squad. 

Boyd and Trouten injured,    great result today,  are Falkirk worth the hype

Think the main positive point is that we actually looked like a team today, moved the ball much quicker and the players looked like they knew what their roles were, a vast improvement on the last few weeks. Sena was brilliant and picked up every second ball, and despite being a bit erratic first half (think we'll need to get used to that), Mendy was absolutely unplayable in the second half and didn't put a foot wrong.

Henderson looked really promising in the first half and seemed to be more effective as a striker rather than out wide, although understandable that we didn't have too much choice with 2 first half injuries.

Definitely the best performance under Ferguson so far, and if we can play anywhere close to that over the next few games then there's no reason we can't put a decent run of form together and climb a very tight league.

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Boyd and Trouten injured,    great result today,  are Falkirk worth the hype

Take Morrison, who is undoubtedly one of the best players in L1, out of the Falkirk side and they are beatable (clearly). He along with Nesbitt are their goal threat and creativity. 

Falkirk still haven't addressed there striking woes, yet, and Miller and Hall at CB can give you chances.

4 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

@LeodhasXD the highlights and the job you are doing is fantastic. If you were looking for opinions on how I think it could improve, I would love to see an interview  with the manager post match, really hope this could possibility be going forward 

The problem at home is I'm still wrapping up the streaming when Barry's out for interviews.

Away games are awkward with covid. I'm usually in a completely opposite part of the ground from the press and need to find my way all the way round the stadium - I do away games the same as I do the home games but without streaming. It takes me half an hour to pack everything away.

Just not got enough hands to be everywhere.

4 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The problem at home is I'm still wrapping up the streaming when Barry's out for interviews.

Away games are awkward with covid. I'm usually in a completely opposite part of the ground from the press and need to find my way all the way round the stadium - I do away games the same as I do the home games but without streaming. It takes me half an hour to pack everything away.

Just not got enough hands to be everywhere.

I completely get that the time constraints must be tough. Surely though as an Alloa Athletic employee the manager would be more than happy to do a one to one interview with you when your ready and not just when other general reporters are asking him questions. It's a strange one I feel like alot of fans are getting on Barrys back because there hasn't been the Same communication (maybe not Barrys fault to be fair to him) between him and fans. Anytime I have heard him speak he has came across well, but I just feel like we don't hear enough from him as we have done with managers in the past. I know it's not the same level as professionalism as you would maybe like but if it meant me having to volunteer to record the post match interviews on my phone and send them to you I'd be more than happy to do so, just think this matter is so important in a community club like ourselves to keep supporters engaged and see fully what the managers thoughts are rather than just a line or two of quotes from him. Some might disagree but that's my honest thoughts on the situation.

The subject of not enough hands to cover streaming and post match interviews has been brought up before, but rejected by LeofhasXD.

I totally agree that Barry's anonymity with the fans is possibly the main factor for the negativity from the fans.

Great idea for post match interview with mobile phone and forwarded for broadcast.  

34 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

I completely get that the time constraints must be tough. Surely though as an Alloa Athletic employee the manager would be more than happy to do a one to one interview with you when your ready and not just when other general reporters are asking him questions. It's a strange one I feel like alot of fans are getting on Barrys back because there hasn't been the Same communication (maybe not Barrys fault to be fair to him) between him and fans. Anytime I have heard him speak he has came across well, but I just feel like we don't hear enough from him as we have done with managers in the past. I know it's not the same level as professionalism as you would maybe like but if it meant me having to volunteer to record the post match interviews on my phone and send them to you I'd be more than happy to do so, just think this matter is so important in a community club like ourselves to keep supporters engaged and see fully what the managers thoughts are rather than just a line or two of quotes from him. Some might disagree but that's my honest thoughts on the situation.

Come see me at the next game then. Happy to have someone else on board.

28 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

This Peter Grant character is some boy. 

All the managers we've had recently, and that's the one you pick.

When you're in the market for a new one, let us know.