The Alloa Athletic Thread

16 hours ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

He has given Andy a little respect due to his status at the club

but not Neil Parry ? , Maybe Andy has not been told he is 3rd choice and that is all there is to it , Andy might accept that better too (maybe ) 

time to cut the manager some slack now i would think  although the rumours of unrest are worrying

interesting to watch him react to some shouts on saturday by mouthing something to himself , i wonder what he said  ?

I get the impression he prefers players to fight for a place in the team rather than moan about it , but given there is little scope to 

fight for a place as there isn't much chance to !  it makes no sense so i might be wrong . 

As for former players who impressed does anyone here remember Drew Paterson and David Lloyd ?

58 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

As for former players who impressed does anyone here remember Drew Paterson and David Lloyd ?

Drew was often unplayable. You could almost guarantee the left back he was up against each week would get booked.

Brilliant player.

4 hours ago, printer said:

Drew was often unplayable. You could almost guarantee the left back he was up against each week would get booked.

Brilliant player.

I am sure at the time  (before a certain hatchet man broke his leg ending his career ) the rangers manager jock wallace was keen on signing him 

Sad ending to a promising footballing career .

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

My big Alloa fanatic pal Gregor used to go all dewy eyed at the mention of Drew Paterson and Lenny McComb.

To be fair, it was him who would mention them (constantly).

lenny McComb !!! jings now that is a memory (forgot about him ) not in the same level as paterson though 

but had an eye for goal .

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I am sure at the time  (before a certain hatchet man broke his leg ending his career ) the rangers manager jock wallace was keen on signing him 

Sad ending to a promising footballing career .

Drew Paterson is the best player I’ve had the pleasure of watching in an Alloa shirt. He could glide past defenders for fun . I heard that after he gave Danny Mcgrain a torrid time in a cup game at the Recs Celtic noted their interest in him however the Alloa board thought he would be worth even more once he showed what he could do in the return leg  at Parkhead. Unfortunately that’s when he got his head fractured after colliding with a team mate. 
 I’ve often wondered how far Drew would & should have went in the game & how much he’d be worth in the game today. 

Just stuck my head in to the Falkirk thread again. I can't be arsed finding out why, but somehow there's an argument going over how it's good they didn't bring in Greig Spence this season.

I try to stay off other teams' threads, but theirs is really quite moreish.

13 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Just stuck my head in to the Falkirk thread again. I can't be arsed finding out why, but somehow there's an argument going over how it's good they didn't bring in Greig Spence this season.

I’ve no long seen that and couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

:lol: It all started with Shadwell (who else) telling us (again) how bad Wilson and Ompreon are and giving us umpteen examples of strikers that have scored freely in L1, Spence being one. He's saying that we should have signed experience and that guys of that type could do us a turn.

I then suggested, with tongue very firmly in cheek, that we should look at Spence and I reckon that some others have jumped in without reading the back story too carefully.

Don't let on to Shadwell though because it's great fun and it might run for a wee while yet.

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

Spence & Liam Buchanan get it right mate.