The Alloa Athletic Thread

5 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Paddy connolly and now lizzie taylor getting pelters on here 

i am sure richard burton's were intact on departing said ex wife but we may never know . 

It is reported that some hearts youngsters are on the move so the Euan Henderson signing might well be on .

Wouldn't be surprised if Hartley enquired about Euan Henderson too.  Half expecting us to take in at least 1 Hearts player.

We seem to go for loanees from Hearts (PH former club), Dundee United (Neilson former club) and Aberdeen. Neilson and Hartley are mates from their time at Tynecastle.

10 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Hartley enquired about Euan Henderson too.  Half expecting us to take in at least 1 Hearts player.

We seem to go for loanees from Hearts (PH former club), Dundee United (Neilson former club) and Aberdeen. Neilson and Hartley are mates from their time at Tynecastle.

As long as we can get megginson off you ? 🙂

31 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

As long as we can get megginson off you ? 🙂

Henderson is yours!!

Don't know how we'll fill the void if Mitch ever moved on or when he retires. He's definitely a huge step ahead of anything we've got. Since we joined the SPFL he hasn't really had a strike partner that is a standout. Would love to see that happen, think it needs to if we've got any aspirations of getting out of this league.

Good luck in the loan market. Hope you's get a few quality signings.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Not entirely surprising. Looked that way when he dropped him then signed Hutton. As Parry says he has respect for many at the club and he's been in the game long enough to know one manager doesn't represent the whole history of things. 

History will tell how the manager is rated over time......how long is the question? 

1 hour ago, liammcintosh01 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/barry-fergusons-lack-respect-factor-24885632?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Neil Parrys side of the story , really expected better from BF the disrespect towards a legend of the club is absolutely disgusting!

To be honest no one will be surprised by this. Neil Parry will always be welcomed back at the Indodrill, whereas the current boss is welcome to leave anytime and take his best pal with him.  

12 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Glad Neilly has come out and given his side of the story. Wasn’t sure if he would. Top man, sure he’ll be a success at Clyde. 

Did so in a very clear and dignified manner too, as you'd expect.

Hope he stays injury free from here on in and shows everyone again what a terrific keeper he is. 

2 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/barry-fergusons-lack-respect-factor-24885632?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Neil Parrys side of the story , really expected better from BF the disrespect towards a legend of the club is absolutely disgusting!

Good on Parry for telling his side of the story I say. Sometimes this doesn't get told and managers are protected. 

What happened to Parry is exactly what is happening currently to our number 1 Stuart McKenzie. I fear it will end the same way. I'd rather have PH out than Stuart.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

7 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Great article from Neil, and highlights the atmosphere that BF is bringing to the club.

He sees himself above us 'only Alloa fsns' as he's an ex Rangers man. To me, he's a total shambles of a manager and we don't deserve him dismantling the team we've had since the Hatley days.

Things always change and things need to to some degree.  Hartley was some time ago so clearly we can't keep players forever but maybe not as much change required as our new gaffer thinks.

Perhaps he has irons in the fire in the loan market! The way things are going clubs may not see us as a good player development opportunity.

Edited by McCulloch No.5

Agree with what is said above. Dignfied and classy, but still fairly damning. Reckon this won't be the last one either ...

Hopeful of some positive news soon though! We really could do with it. Still plenty to play for this season. A team with the likes of Trouten, Scougall and Cawley won't be down and out for too long.

4 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Really interesting to read Neil's take on it, as it's exactly how most of us assumed, I suspect. For a manager to show such a level of disrespect to ANY player is atrocious. The very least you can hope for from a manager is a little bit of honesty. I'll be honest, I am not surprised. I am glad that Neil's got a new gig though. Lucky Clyde - that's what I say. They have just landed a great keeper.