The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, Wee wasp said:

Parrys 's not the only goalkeeper that's away, im hearing mcdowall is no longer there either 

Yeah, he’s gone from the team list on the website. No mention elsewhere though. Again - a bit disrespectful. It’s all a bit of a shambles, isn’t it?

23 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Folks, give the gaffer a break. He is freeing up wages for a big signing!

Messi went to PSG i thought ?

seriously though is McDowall off as well  ? what the hell , who is next  ? , hoping things settle down and we can just get on with it 

sick of all this already 

got my ticket for Cowden on saturday as i have not been to Central park for a lifetime it seems

what we shall witness there is anyone's guess😕

6 minutes ago, Craigy said:

Surely nobody can be upset at McDowall leaving (apart from Laughing Gravy obviously) 😆😆

Not really. It’s more the total lack of communication that is upsetting. But it does leave us with one goalkeeper and no back up. Unless of course he has a masterful master plan, but I am l sceptical about that. I hope I’m wrong.

16 minutes ago, Craigy said:

Surely nobody can be upset at McDowall leaving (apart from Laughing Gravy obviously) 😆😆

Putting all his faith in Hutton!! Maybe the keepers union sticking together. That's the GK coach, last years No 1 and a new signing all gone. Not great reading.

52 minutes ago, Craigy said:

32 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Putting all his faith in Hutton!! Maybe the keepers union sticking together. That's the GK coach, last years No 1 and a new signing all gone. Not great reading.

as surprising as this sounds on this occasion I think the manager must have a plan & wouldn’t be surprised if he brought in a really decent goalkeeper on loan that would make Hutton the No2. 
We’ll find out soon though! 

I've seen nothing from BF that gives a modicum of faith in the wee weegie bauchle.

He comes across as a law unto himself, doesn't give s toss about the fans.

McDowell leaving isn't much of a loss, but it does seem BF is sorely in need of improving his man management skills. At the moment D- from me.

29 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Henderson to Alloa as you mentioned @Vegetableman

Happy with that signing. Will he partner Sammon or Boyd, who will drop to the bench?

Screenshot_20210903-121735.jpg

I Recognise him now, as pictured playing against us last season , looked good and scored 1 at least

happy with that .....

10 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

doesn't give s toss about the fans.

any manager listening to the fans may find it does not end well, as for his attitude to the fans that may

be an issue, however it is obvious  BF is his own man and not for changing,  some may call it a strength but

if not handled properly can easily be a weakness too .

2 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

I Recognise him now, as pictured playing against us last season , looked good and scored 1 at least

happy with that .....

I reckon that's a good loan signing that a few other L1 clubs would have gladly taken. Think he should knock in a few more than Sammon and Boyd.

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

I reckon that's a good loan signing that a few other L1 clubs would have gladly taken. Think he should knock in a few more than Sammon and Boyd.

Certainly more than our fishermans  friend,  should work well with Boyd though might make a good pairing 

and you keep megginson ! everyone's happy .

Henderson is potentially a very good signing. I think we have the makings of a fine team now. All down to the manager to pick the best players and deploy them in a formation that suits their talents. If he does so, while also keeping the squad happy, then this group should be up near the top of League 1.